Introduction to the 2023 Webjet New Zealand Student Grant
As Australia and New Zealand’s leading online travel agency, Webjet
leads the way in online travel tools and technology. Webjet enables customers to compare, combine and book the best domestic and international travel flight deals, hotel accommodation, holiday package deals, travel insurance and car hire worldwide.
At Webjet, we’re always looking to provide the best service, prices and experiences for our customers. In 2023, we’re offering the Webjet New Zealand Student Grant to help inspire and nurture students that reflect our values and can help us achieve our goals.
This grant is offered annually to one person. Applications for the 2023 grant are open from 27 February 2023 until 2 June 2023. The value of this grant is AUD $5,000 (total amount) and is paid as a one-time payment to the winner.
To be eligible to win the Webjet New Zealand Student Grant 2023, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be enrolled full-time in an accredited New Zealand Tertiary Education Institution, in your penultimate or final year of study.
- You must be studying for an undergraduate certificate, diploma or degree in any of the following areas:
- Business — including any business-related courses from any New Zealand institution
- IT — including any IT-related courses such as Design & Animation, Computing Science and Games Development
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of New Zealand to apply.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter.
Entry Task for Eligibility
In order to apply for the Webjet New Zealand Student Grant 2023, you must write an essay (up to a maximum of 700 words) in response to the following prompt:
Consumer choice is abundant in today’s society. Considering Webjet’s business, suggest a novel approach to ensure customer loyalty.
We’re looking for submissions that reflect a drive to improve the customer experience and impact their brand loyalty. Please structure your essay address to the following key questions:
- What is the customer problem or opportunity that needs addressing?
- What does the customer cohort look like that will be affected by this solution?
- What is the most important customer benefit?
- How could you validate that this opportunity is in fact an opportunity and how will you measure impact?
- What does the customer experience look like?
More comprehensive information on answering these questions can be found here.
How to Enter Your Submission
All applicants must email the following documentation to [email protected] , with the subject ‘Scholarship Submission 2023’ and your full name, accompanied by:
- Proof of Identification;
- Proof of Citizenship or Permanent Residency (if applicable)
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- Your response (max word count 700 words); and
- Contact details (including residential address, email and phone number).
Judging and Selection Process
The scholarship winner will be decided by a panel of judges from Webjet Head Office, Melbourne, on the basis of the entry which best encompasses the task presented. The judgement will take place between 8 June 2023 and 26 June 2023.
Your response will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Clarity of written response;
- Comprehension of the problem from the customer’s point of view;
- Understanding of the solution’s value to the business and customer.
Notification of Winner
The winner of the Webjet New Zealand Student Grant 2023 will be chosen and contacted via the contact details provided in their submission.
For more information please read through our terms and conditions.
Learn more about Webjet’s tech culture, innovation and upcoming graduate opportunities at Webjet’s Tech Blog.