Travel Insurance Tips
- Check with the MFAT website (www.safetravel.govt.nz) and check any advisories about the country you are visiting. Then check with the insurance provider to see what conditions apply.
- Leave a copy of your policy certificate with a family member or friend.
- Store emergency phone numbers in your mobile phone.
- Discuss with your insurer if you plan to do anything that might be considered dangerous, such as mountain climbing, scuba diving, or even horse riding.
- If you suffer from a pre-existing medical condition, you should discuss this with your insurer before purchasing a policy as exclusions can apply.
- If you have a dispute with your travel insurer, contact the Insurance Ombudsman Service, a free and independent dispute resolution service.
Before you buy a policy
- If you travel regularly a yearly multi trip policy might suit you better and save you money.
- Check the cover for baggage and especially for your valuables, such as cameras and laptops. You may be able to pay a fee and extend the cover for valuables if the standard limits aren't high enough.
In the event of a claim
- Keep receipts or valuations to prove ownership of valuables. It is also recommended to take copies in case you lose the originals.
- If your belongings are stolen, report it to the local police and keep a copy of the report: list all items stolen.
- If you need medical treatment or assistance contact your insurer's emergency assist hotline.
Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR Number 301380 is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd ABN 52 097 227 177 AFS License No. 245631. The insurance is managed by AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd. This insurance is underwritten by Allianz New Zealand Limited (Allianz). This is general information only and does not consider your personal circumstances. You should consider the Product Disclosure Statement available from Allianz before making any decisions about this product.