Students need travel insurance for a variety of reasons. Whether it's for a school trip, a volunteering programme or a study-abroad program, having the right cover is essential.
What Are The Risks of Student Travel?
Here are some of the risks that young students face while travelling domestically and abroad:
- Theft or Loss of Belongings: Even if you’re travelling light, you and unsuspecting travellers make prime targets for theives and pickpockets. A stolen bag or lost wallet could spell the end of your trip, if you don’t have access to 24/7 emergency assistance*
- Emergency Hospitalisation: A single medical bill could derail your entire trip. Curiosity about local cuisine could land you an unexpected trip to the emergency room, but with Webjet Travel Insurance we can liaise with the hospital and your family until you get back on your feet*
- Emergency Evacuations: Hiking and rambling can be part of a good overseas trip, but one wrong step could mean the difference between a trip of a lifetime, or medical evacuation bill that runs into the hundreds of thousands of dollars*
What Cover is Available for Students?
Here are some of the most useful coverages available to students:
- Medical and Dental Coverage: If you get sick or need to visit a doctor for any other reason, we can quickly reimburse the cost and may even be able to pay the hospital directly so you aren’t out of pocket*
- Family or Friend Travel for Hospitalisation: If you are hospitalised, we may be able to cover the cost for a friend or relative to travel to you and remain at your side until you’re able to resume your trip*
- Passport and Credit Cards: If your wallet is stolen, you'll be able to claim emergency cash, and the policy will cover any expenses you incur replacing your documents*
- Travel Assistance: This service ensures that someone is always available to give you advice, from finding a local doctor to replacing your passport*
Who Should Get Student Travel Insurance?
Backpacking and Gap Year
If you’re planning a world tour, we can provide policies up to 12 months in duration that cover you for anywhere you want to go. We cover working holidays, and can also provide additional cover for adventure activities, motorcycle riding and skiing.
Working and Volunteering Abroad
Planning to take advantage of a working holiday abroad or give back to a community with your time and skills? We can provide cover for working holidays. However, keep in mind that if you are volunteering, we may not be able to cover you if you’re travelling to war zones or areas where a natural disaster has recently occurred.
Choose Your Student Travel Insurance Cover
Webjet Student Travel Insurance has a number of benefits:*
- Customise your insurance policy, and choose from Comprehensive or Basic Cover
- Up to $15,000 of luggage cover under Webjet's Comprehensive Cover
- 24/7 emergency assistance
- Choose how much cancellation cover you get, so you only pay for what you need.
- Webjet’s Inbound Travel Insurance can provide cover for those travelling into New Zealand to visit family or friends
Trusted by more than 3 million customers
As Australia and New Zealand's leading online travel agency, Webjet leads the way in online travel tools and technology. Allowing you to compare, combine and book the best domestic deals across Australia, get access to cheap flights, hotel accommodation, holiday packages, car hire and more.
Money Back Guarantee
If you aren't 100% satisfied with your policy purchase, Webjet has a 15-day cooling-off period meaning you can cancel your purchase and receive a full refund provided you haven’t departed on your trip or made a claim on your policy.
Powered By Cover-More
Webjet Travel Insurance is backed by Cover-More Travel Insurance, one of the world’s leading Travel Insurance and Medical Assistance providers. With 24/7 assistance, 365 days of the year, Cover-More can assist their policy holders with medical treatment, payment of hospital bills and even assistance with lost or stolen passports.
The insurer of this product is Zurich Australian Insurance Limited (ACN 000 296 640, an overseas registered company incorporated in Australia) (ZAIL), trading as Zurich New Zealand. Cover-More (NZ) Limited (Cover-More) administers the policy (including customer service, medical assessments and claims management). Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd ABN 84 063 430 848 AR 301380 arranges this insurance as an authorised representative of Cover-More Insurance Services. For further Information on ZAIL’s financial strength rating, please refer to the Financial Strength Web Page.
*Importantly, please note that conditions, exclusions, limits and sub-limits apply. Refer to Policy Wording for more information. Any advice given to You about travel insurance will be of a general nature only and will not take into account Your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You need to determine whether this product meets Your travel needs and please consider the Policy Wording before making a decision.
If you purchase a policy, we receive a commission which is a percentage of your premium - ask us for more details before we provide you with any services on this product.