Pre-existing Medical Conditions Travel Insurance
Pre-existing Medical Conditions
Don’t let a pre-existing medical condition stop you from experiencing the joy of travel! You can now declare pre-existing medical conditions online when purchasing a travel insurance policy with Webjet.
We assess a range of medical conditions to evaluate whether we can provide cover for it. Yours may fall into one of the three following categories.
1. Conditions automatically covered at no extra cost
There are 36 medical conditions we may cover at no extra cost.
View the list of pre-existing medical conditions we may cover in the Product Disclosure Statement. Please note that you must not have been hospitalised with the condition (including day surgery or emergency department attendance) in the 24 months prior to the date your policy is issued.
2. Conditions not automatically covered which require assessment
If your pre-existing medical condition isn’t in this list you will be able to apply to have your condition covered by the following methods:
- Online: You have the opportunity to complete a medical assessment online when purchasing travel insurance with Webjet for each traveller.
- Call: If you’d prefer to talk through your condition with one of our friendly team, please call 1800 426 439.
3. Conditions we won’t cover
Unfortunately, we cannot provide medical cover if your pre-existing condition involves the following:
- you are awaiting, or you have had, an organ transplant;
- you have been given a terminal prognosis with a life expectancy of under 24 months;
- you require home oxygen therapy, or you require oxygen for the journey;
- you have AIDS or an AIDS defining illness; or
you have chronic renal failure which is treated by haemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis
For more information please read our Product Disclosure Statement, or call us on 1800 426 439.
Trusted by more than 3 million customers
As Australia and New Zealand's leading online travel agency, Webjet leads the way in online travel tools and technology. Allowing you to compare, combine and book the best domestic deals across Australia, get access to cheap flights, hotel accommodation, holiday packages, car hire and more.
Money back guarantee
If you aren't 100% satisfied with your policy purchase, Webjet has a 14 day money back guarantee meaning you can cancel your purchase and receive a full refund (provided you're not making any claims and neither your trip nor policy has started).
Backed by Allianz Global Assistance
Webjet travel insurance is backed by Allianz Global Assistance, the world leader in travel insurance, assistance and personal services. Whether you've lost your luggage, your camera has been damaged or you've hit any unexpected surprises on your trip, Allianz is looking out for you 24/7.
Webjet Travel Insurance
* This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited NZBN 9429035270157 (Incorporated in New Zealand) trading as Allianz Global Assistance and is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd arranges this insurance as agent for Allianz Global Assistance. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decision about this insurance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited’s financial strength rating, please refer to the Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policyholder Preference Disclosure Notice. For full details of coverage, please visit https://insurance.webjet.co.nz/