Planning a holiday for your family? Whether you're travelling to another country or going somewhere closer to home, make sure you have the right cover for those you love the most.
Travelling with kids is never simple, and there's always something that can derail your plans. Whether it's an unexpected illness, or missing a flight, you need a policy that will cover all those little mishaps. Similarly, if your baggage is delayed, misdirected or misplayed with all your children's essentials, a family travel insurance plan will be able to reimburse you sooner rather than late.
What is Family Holiday Travel Insurance?
Family travel insurance takes the hassle out of travelling as a group. Instead of spending time and money taking out individual plans for each member, you can choose a policy that covers everyone.
Single Trip or Annual Holiday Insurance
You can choose from single trip or annual family cover. If you get the yearly option, you'll have the flexibility to travel as a family throughout the year or even as a couple with the kids. It also works out more cost-effective and means you only have to book once to get the cover you need for your entire trip. You'll also be covered against any cancellations and one parent can still travel with the children alone if an unexpected work commitment comes up.
Family Travel Insurance Benefits
Greater Discounts for the Whole Family
A family travel insurance policy is a much cheaper option. It will also minimise any stress and give you peace of mind that your entire family is covered for any unexpected events that might occur.
Travelling with children means that unexpected issues happen more often than not. Whether it's lost luggage, illness or an accident, it could derail the entire trip, and you might have to make the difficult decision to go back home. With family travel insurance, you can get reimbursed if your holiday is cut short and use the payout to go towards your next family trip
Baggage Loss Protection
It can be hard to keep an eye on your children as well as all their stuff while travelling. In fact, it's expected that somewhere between getting on a plane, to a hotel and back home again that some things are bound to go missing. On the other hand, it's not uncommon for baggage to go missing in transit. All these costs add up, and it can be expensive replacing everything the kids and other people misplace.
Once your kids reach a certain age, school trips become a regular activity. However, that doesn't mean they are 100% safe. A family travel insurance policy will make sure all their medical expenses are covered in case of an emergency as well as reimbursement of any lost luggage.
Webjet's comprehensive family cover can include two adults plus up to 9 dependents, and offers unlimited cancellation fees and overseas medical assistance, meaning your whole family is protected in the event of anything unexpected.
Comprehensive Travel Cover
Benefits of Webjet's family travel insurance:*
- Can include up to 2 adults and up to 9 dependents
- Unlimited cancellation fees
- Unlimited overseas medical assistance
- $5 million personal liability
- $5000 to cover luggage and personal effects.
- Receive up to $3000 rental vehicle excess.
- Travel provider insolvency benefit of up to $10,000.
Trusted by more than 3 million customers
Webjet leads the way in online travel tools and technology. Proudly Australian operated and based in Melbourne, Webjet is Australia and New Zealand's largest online travel agency, helping families book their holidays for over 17 years.
Money back guarantee
If you aren't satisfied with your policy purchase, our 14 day money back guarantee means you can cancel your policy and receive a full refund (provided you're not making any claims and neither your trip or policy has started).
Backed by Allianz Global Assistance
Backed by Allianz Global Assistance, Webjet insurance is partnered with a world leader in travel insurance, assistance and personal services. Whether you've lost your luggage, had some of your personal belongings damaged, require medical assistance, or encountered any other surprises while travelling, Webjet's partner Allianz is looking out for you 24/7.
Webjet Travel Insurance
* This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited NZBN 9429035270157 (Incorporated in New Zealand) trading as Allianz Global Assistance and is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd arranges this insurance as agent for Allianz Global Assistance. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decision about this insurance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited’s financial strength rating, please refer to the Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policyholder Preference Disclosure Notice. For full details of coverage, please visit https://insurance.webjet.co.nz/