If you're planning a trip to a destination in New Zealand, you still need travel insurance.
Unexpected accidents and events can happen anywhere. You might go to the beach and lose your wallet, or one of your kids have an allergic reaction at dinner.
Whatever the emergency, make sure you're covered with domestic travel insurance so you can have peace of mind on your holiday.
Why You Need Domestic Travel Insurance
Trip Cancellation or Interruption
It doesn't matter if you're travelling to Paris or Auckland, anything could happen. Some of the reasons for cancelling a trip include severe weather conditions, flight delays or an unforeseen illness or injury of a family member. Instead of forfeiting all that money, you can claim from your domestic travel insurance and be reimbursed for your pre-paid, non-refundable trip cost.
Cancel for Any Reason
If you're travelling with children or any uncertainty, you might need to cancel your trip for a reason not covered in your plan. Look for a domestic travel insurance policy that gives you the flexibility to cancel your trip for any reason up to 72 hours before you leave.
Whether you are travelling from Wellington to Dunedin, it's still possible that your luggage won't make it to your destination or back home. Opt for a comprehensive domestic travel plan that will let you purchase any essentials you might need and claim back once you return.
What Can You Expect From Domestic Travel Insurance
Rental Vehicle Excess
If you're hiring a car for a road trip, don't get ripped off. Domestic travel insurance can cover some of your excess if the vehicle is stolen, damaged or in an accident.
If you're travelling with your family, some policies will cover your little ones at no extra cost.
Unexpected Travel Delays
If severe weather or the airline delays your trip, your insurance will cover any accommodation and meal expenses.
Tips for Choosing the Best Domestic Travel Insurance Policy
Don't Always Choose The Cheapest Option
While it's important to find a policy you can afford, don't leave yourself drastically under-protected. Make sure you're covered for what you need and always see if the higher excess and reduced benefits are worth the reduced price.
Check the Per-item Limits
It's crucial to know the conditions for claiming lost luggage or expensive items. There might be a payout limit for each item, regardless of how much it costs.
Credit Card Insurance Isn't Always The Best Idea
While it's an affordable option, credit card travel insurance often has a range of exclusions and high amounts of excess.
Keep Proof of Purchase
In the event of a claim, you'll need to provide your insurer proof of purchase for expensive items before receiving your payout. The same goes for an unexpected meal or accommodation costs during your trip.
Choose your domestic travel insurance cover
Webjet's comprehensive cover policy includes:*
- Unlimited overseas medical covers
- Unlimited cancellation cover
- $5000 to cover luggage and personal effects
- Travel provider insolvency benefit - up to $10,000
- Rental vehicle excess - up to $3,000
- 24/7 emergency assistance
Webjet's cancellation and luggage protection policy includes:
- Cancellation and lost fees protection for the nominated value of your trip
- Travel insurance available from $17.16
Trusted by more than 3 million customers
As Australia and New Zealand's leading online travel agency, Webjet leads the way in online travel tools and technology. Allowing you to compare, combine and book the best domestic deals across Australia, get access to cheap flights, hotel accommodation, holiday packages, car hire and more.
Money back guarantee
If you aren't 100% satisfied with your policy purchase, Webjet has a 14 day money back guarantee meaning you can cancel your purchase and receive a full refund (provided you're not making any claims and neither your trip nor policy has started).
Backed by Allianz Global Assistance
Webjet travel insurance is backed by Allianz Global Assistance, the world leader in travel insurance, assistance and personal services. Whether you've lost your luggage, your camera has been damaged or you've hit any unexpected surprises on your trip, Allianz is looking out for you 24/7.
Webjet Travel Insurance
* This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited NZBN 9429035270157 (Incorporated in New Zealand) trading as Allianz Global Assistance and is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd arranges this insurance as agent for Allianz Global Assistance. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decision about this insurance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited’s financial strength rating, please refer to the Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policyholder Preference Disclosure Notice. For full details of coverage, please visit https://insurance.webjet.co.nz/