Webjet Travel Insurance
You're covered with Webjet Travel Insurance
Here's a few of the benefits
- Overseas medical assistance and hospital expenses
- Cancellation and lost deposits
- Up to $5 million personal liability
- Up to $5,000 luggage and personal effects cover
- Up to $5,000 cover for Travel documents and credit cards
- $25,000 permanent disability cover
Additional options available when purchasing Travel Insurance with Webjet
What is Travel Insurance?
Travel insurance is designed to protect you in the event of unexpected events such as trip cancellation, hospital visits, stolen luggage and other related losses.
Why is it important to have travel insurance?
Every time you travel you are taking a risk. Even if you're not doing anything dangerous, something could go wrong and result in unexpected medical costs abroad.
Hospital bills can easily end up running into the millions and in most cases, you won't be able to leave the country until you pay up.
Travel insurance also takes care of smaller costs. You can submit a claim if your luggage is lost, stolen or damaged by the airline or if you need to suddenly cancel your trip due to a natural disaster or medical emergency.
What does a travel insurance policy cover?
A good comprehensive travel insurance policy will cover:
Medical Emergencies & Evacuation
Unexpected hospital visits and emergency transport home can quickly end up costing thousands of dollars. Make sure to read your policy to see what it doesn't cover and what the limits are for medical expenses.
If you can't go on your trip due to an unforeseen illness or event like an accident or death of a close relative, you can use your travel insurance policy to claim that money back.
Baggage & personal belongings
Loss of personal belongings is one of the main reasons people buy travel insurance. If you're taking your laptop, camera and other valuables with you, some insurance plans let you specify these items to cover their value.
If you're involved in an accident or cause damage by mistake, this part of the policy will cover your liability and legal expenses.
Choosing The Right Travel Insurance For You
Adventure Travel Insurance
Planning on getting an adrenaline rush on your next holiday? Make sure you're covered for any extreme sports accidents with comprehensive travel insurance.
Cruise Travel Insurance
Before heading out to sea, make sure you've got the right cover. Learn about the different travel insurance options for your next domestic or international cruise.
International Travel Insurance
Trips to the doctor and hospitalisation abroad can quickly add up to thousands of dollars. Protect yourself from any unforeseen bills by choosing the right international travel insurance your trip abroad.
Seniors Travel Insurance
As we got older, our medical needs change. Make sure your health needs are covered before you leave for your next holiday with travel insurance tailored towards senior citizens.
Snow Travel Insurance
Heading to a destination with unpredictable weather? Take the stress out of your holiday by making sure you're covered for delays caused by snowstorms and any winter sports accidents.
Ready to purchase insurance? Get a quote in just two minutes
Get a Quote
Travel Insurance for Everyone
We are here to help 24/7.
Call us to speak to our friendly support personnel.Tel: 1800 426 439 FREE
Backed by Allianz Global Assistance
- Assist more than 250 million people globally per year
- Brisbane based contact centre with doctors, nurses & support personnel
- 24 hour emergency assistance
* This insurance is issued and managed by AWP Services New Zealand Limited NZBN 9429035270157 (Incorporated in New Zealand) trading as Allianz Global Assistance and is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited 15 000 122 850 (Incorporated in Australia) trading as Allianz New Zealand. Webjet Marketing Pty Ltd arranges this insurance as agent for Allianz Global Assistance. You should consider the Policy Wording before making any decision about this insurance. Terms, conditions, limits and exclusions apply. For further information on Allianz Australia Insurance Limited’s financial strength rating, please refer to the Financial Strength Rating and Overseas Policyholder Preference Disclosure Notice. For full details of coverage, please visit https://insurance.webjet.co.nz/
There's nothing worse than losing something valuable, let alone losing something when you're thousands of miles from home. Whether you're planning a domestic trip or going abroad, travelling can be full of unexpected moments - and it's important to know you're covered from any bad ones. It's reassuring to know that should your circumstances take a turn for the worse you're looked after. Don't just take our word for it, find out the importance the government places on travel insurance before you travel. Insurance is cheaper than you might expect and can cover a range of different options. Our policies are very specialised because we know every trip and every traveller is different. With comprehensive and cheap travel insurance from $1.10* per day, there's no excuse for getting on a plane uninsured. Take a closer look at our travel cover options below and choose which coverage is right for you:
Comprehensive Cover - Recommended for most travellers. Under comprehensive cover you're in safe hands with the widest cover over cancellation fees, loss of personal effects or expenses in the event of medical emergency.
Essentials Cover - This policy covers a number of expenses at a more affordable rate, including cancellation fees, loss of personal effects or expenses in the event of medical emergency.
Medical & Personal Liability - This basic cover insures any medical and personal liability expenses.
Multi Trip - Ideal for regular travellers. This policy gives coverage at a great rate including cover in the event of cancellation fees and overseas medical assistance.