Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Townsville, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Townsville from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Townsville
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Townsville
Current Time in Townsville
Average Temperature in Townsville
Average Rainfall in Townsville
See more of Townsville
Cheap Melbourne to Townsville Flights
Townville is a top destination for adventurous travellers. It's close to the awe-inspiring Great Barrier Reef, the great Australian outback and the lush World Heritage Wet Tropics.
With nine direct flights each week from Melbourne to Townsville, you can discover for yourself what makes this region of North Queensland so unique in just 3 hours. Book your trip with Jetstar, the only airline that offers direct flights from Melbourne's Tullamarine Airport to Townsville and get ready for an action-packed adventure.
Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Townsville without a hitch!
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
Travelling on a tight budget? The most affordable way to get from Melbourne's CBD to the airport is with the public bus. Take route 478,479, 482 or 901 all the way from the city to the transport hub by Terminal 4.
If you're catching a red-eye flight, Melbourne has a public transport option for you. The SkyBus runs 24 hours a day and departs from the city every 10 minutes. Plus a one-way ticket will only set you back AUD 10.
Metered taxis and ridesharing services like Uber are also available. Ask your driver to either drop you off in the T4 Transport Hub Zone on level 1 or along Departure Drive. A one-way trip should cost between AUD 55 to 65 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Melbourne Airport
Want to park your car at Melbourne airport? The airport has three different options to choose from:
- Value Car Park: If you're travelling on a budget, this car park is the most affordable option.
- Long Term Park and Premium Terminal Car Park: These two options are more expensive, but you'll be closer to the terminals and check-in counters.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Townsville Flight Depart From?
Jetstar is the only airline that flies from Melbourne to Townsville. Their flights usually depart from Terminal 4.
You'll have access to free WiFi, restaurants, bars, shops and airline lounges while you wait.
Arriving at Townsville Airport
Getting from Townsville Airport to Your Hotel
One of the best ways to get into the city from Townsville Airport is with the city shuttle. It runs every day and will drop you off outside selected Townsville Hotels.
Another option is to take one of the Ingham buses. The company runs four return trips from the airport to Ingham every day. There are also buses to Lucinda, Cardwell and Mission Beach.
The taxi stands are located outside of the terminal. A trip into the CBD usually takes 10-15 minutes and costs AUD 12-15. Ridesharing services like Uber are also available, and you can request a ride with the airport's complimentary WiFi.
Prefer having your own set of wheels? You can find the car rental desks in the arrivals terminal area.
Things to Do in Townsville
- One of the best things to do in Townsville if you're travelling with your family is to visit The Strand. It's home to trendy cafes, playgrounds, a marina and the Tobruk Memorial Baths.
- If you're a history buff or culture vulture, make sure you stop by the Cultural Centre. You'll be able to learn about Australia's Aboriginal Tribes, view traditional artefacts and watch a contemporary performance.
- For nature lovers, a day trip to Magnetic Island is a must. Only a short boat ride away from the mainland, the island's national park covers more than 50% of its landmass.
- Another island that should not be missed is Maggie Island. It's home to Australia's largest koala colony and is a fantastic day trip for watching the country's famous wildlife in their natural habitats.