Compare Cheap Flights from Hobart to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Hobart? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Sydney
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Sydney
Current Time in Sydney
Average Temperature in Sydney
Average Rainfall in Sydney
See more of Sydney
Cheap Hobart to Sydney Flights
From the Blue Mountains to the iconic Sydney Opera House, there are countless reasons to visit one of Australia's largest cities.
The best part? It's easier than ever before to find cheap flights from Hobart to Sydney. Book one of the 58 weekly flights with leading airlines such as Jetstar, Virgin Australia, or Qantas, and in just 1h 45 min you'll be exploring all that Sydney has to offer.
Ready to pack your suitcase and head for the clouds? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Hobart to Sydney!
Departing from Hobart Airport
Getting to Hobart Airport
The only way to get from Hobart CBD to the airport is with the Tasmanian Redline City Hotels Shuttle bus. You'll need to book your spot ahead of time to be fetched from your hotel and dropped off at the departure terminals.
For a quicker option, take a taxi. A single trip to Hobart Airport takes around 20 minutes and costs around AUD 35.
Parking at Hobart Airport
If you want to leave your car at Hobart Airport, you have three car parks to choose from.
- Main Car Park: For short trips to Sydney, this is the best option. It's near the terminals and parking here for 24 hours will cost AUD 44.
- Valet Parking: If you don't want to waste any time at the airport, choose the valet option. It's located right by the terminals and costs AUS 55 per day.
- Saver Car Park: For passengers travelling on a tight budget, this car park has the most value. Daily rates start as low as AUD 32, and the car park is only a short walk away from the departure terminal.
Arriving at Sydney Airport
Getting from Sydney Airport to Your Hotel
If you want to avoid Sydney's notorious traffic jams, take the train from the airport into the city. A single trip only takes 13 minutes, and the trains leave the airport every 10-minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight.
A cheaper option to get into the CBD is with the public bus. After collecting your bags, head to the T3 Domestic Terminal and take bus 400 for only AUD 5.60.
The taxi stands are located outside of the terminal. A trip into the city usually takes 20 minutes if there is no traffic and costs around AUD 45-55 one-way.
For ride-sharing services, meet your driver at the priority pick-up area once you've requested your ride.
If you want to hire your own car while in Sydney, you'll find the car rental desks on the arrivals level of T2 and T3.
Things to Do in Sydney
- Visit Shark Island for Sydney's best surfing. It boasts some of the heaviest waves in the country and attracts surfers from all over the world who want to put their skills to the test.
- Don't leave the city without visiting it's most famous landmarks like the Sydney Opera House and Harbour Bridge.
- Spend an afternoon learning about Australia's history at the Hyde Park Barracks Museum. It's one of the most important convict locations in the world and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Escape the hustle and bustle of the city. Head to the Royal Botanic Gardens and spend a few hours wandering past the lush scenery. Plus entrance is free!
- The Art Gallery of New South Wales is a must for art lovers. The museum boasts a variety of pieces ranging from contemporary to indigenous art. Make sure you visit the Pablo Picasso exhibit and see the Tang dynasty ceramics.