Compare Cheap Flights from Auckland to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Auckland? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Sydney
Best flight deals in April
Cheapest Price from Auckland to Sydney
Currency used in Sydney
Average Time to Sydney
Current Time in Sydney
Average Temperature in Sydney
Average Rainfall in Sydney
See more of Sydney
Cheap Auckland to Sydney Return Flights
With great daily options for flights from Auckland to Sydney available on Webjet every day, you won’t have to plan too much ahead for your perfect AKL to SYD trip. Flight duration varies from the number of stops from point A to point B. It’s your choice whether you’ll get there in 3 or 12 hours. Either way, with Webjet, finding cheap flights to Auckland from Sydney is too easy. Are you ready for your trip? Here is all you need to know about your Auckland to SYdney return flights.
Departing From Auckland
Flight time from Auckland to Sydney averages less than 4 hours for a direct route. Some airfares may require one stopover. Airlines that operate Auckland to Sydney return flights include Virgin Australia, Jetstar, Qantas and Air New Zealand.
Getting to Auckland Airport
Travel to Auckland Airport from the city’s CBD in about 40 minutes, depending on traffic and time of day. One of the most popular options for reaching the airport by public transit is the SkyBus. The SkyBus operates every day of the week and has two routes; one covers a City Express connection, and another links the airport with North Harbour. A one-way adult fare for the SkyBus starts from $18 NZD. Of course, for those travelling with family or a group can opt for the convenience of a taxi, Uber or even a private-hire shuttle bus.
Getting Into the City From Sydney Airport
The fastest way to travel into Sydney once your flight from Auckland lands is by catching the airport train. It departs every 10 minutes from 5am. to midnight and gets you into the city in less than 20 minutes. Budget-travellers can opt to take a public bus service. A one-way fare is less than $6 AUD. A slightly more convenient, albeit costly, option is to take one of the metered taxis waiting outside SYD's arrivals hall. The average taxi fare is $45 AUD, with trips taking about 20 minutes if there is light traffic. For travellers that want more freedom getting around, you can find several car rental companies on the arrivals level of terminals 2 and 3.
Things To Do in Sydney
- Climb the Harbour Bridge: Book in for a guided adventure up Sydney's most legendary bridge (don't worry, you're locked in for the entire ascent!) and be rewarded with breathtaking views aross the city.
- Take a tour of the Opera House: Sure it looks great from the outside, but you can also head inside Sydney's famed Opera House for a behind-the-scenes look at this world-renowned performance space.
- Chill out at Bondi Beach: This slice of white sand is among Sydney's most famous. Nab a prime piece of sandy real estate and spend a day moving between the waves and the shore. Remember to swim between the flags!
- Spend a day at the zoo: Want to get a glimpse of Australia's furriest residents while using flights Auckland to Sydney? Head to Taronga Zoo Sydney to catch a glimpse of native and exotic animal species.
- Day trip to the Blue Mountains: Less than 90 minutes' drive from the heart of Sydney is the splendour of the Blue Mountains. Expect to explore waterfalls, national parks and pristine reserves.
Tips for First-Time Travellers to Sydney
- Be prepared for the humidity. Upon landing on Auckland to Sydney flights, it's almost impossible not to be hit by the humidity - and it may definitely come as a surprise to those not up with Sydney's weather conditions. Of course, this is Australia so be sure to pack plenty of sunscreen in the luggage you're taking with you on flights Auckland to Sydney.
- Navigating the CBD roads can be tough so consider this before booking a hire car. Many of Sydney's roads become one way-only or veer in off-shoot directions, so it can pay to have a GPS on hand, or to download city maps in advance.
- You need an Opal card to use public transport. Pick one up from train stations or convenience stores upon touching down on your tickets to Sydney from Auckland, and don't forget to touch on and touch off as you leave each train or bus.
- Bars, pubs and nightclubs are bound by the city's lock-out laws (coming into force at 1.30am) so make sure you're inside before then.
The Best Time to Travel on Cheap Flights to Sydney from Auckland
Unlike some of its southern counterparts, Sydney enjoys fairly sunny weather all-year round. The city sees an influx of domestic travellers during school holiday periods and long weekends - especially Easter - so avoid booking your Auckland to Sydney flights for these times if you can. Doing so will help you sidestep airfare and hotel price increases. A huge number of tourists also come to the city to watch the New Years' fireworks over the Harbour, so if you're planning on booking flights Auckland to Sydney to do the same make sure you book well in advance.