Compare Cheap Flights from Auckland to Sydney, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Sydney from Auckland? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Sydney to Auckland Return Flights
With more than 60 flights a day from Sydney to Auckland, you won’t have to plan too much ahead for your perfect SYD to AKL trip. Flight duration varies from the number of stops from point A to point B. It’s your choice whether you’ll get there in 3 or 12 hours. Either way, with Webjet, finding cheap flights to Auckland from Sydney is an easy job!
If having a picnic with a spectacular view, on top of a volcano is on your bucket list, then
Auckland is the right destination for you! Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, a party lover or a foodie, Auckland will not disappoint you.
Are you ready for your trip? Here is all you need to know about your Sydney to Auckland return journey.
Departing from Sydney Airport
Getting to Sydney Airport
The fastest way to get to the Sydney airport is definitely by train. The ride from Sydney CBD to the airport train station lasts only 13 minutes. The train station is positioned right underneath the airport terminals and operates from 5 am until 12 am every day of the week.
Sydney buses are also an affordable way to travel and they leave you right outside the Sydney airport.Whether you choose to take a train or a bus, you’ll need an Opal card that can be purchased over the counter from most retailers, including most convenience stores and newsagents.
If you opt for a bit more costly option such as Taxi or Uber, with light traffic, you’re set for a 20-minute ride.The cost of a taxi ride from Sydney CBD to the airport is around $45-$55.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
● When it comes to parking, Sydney airport offers competitive and good quality services. There are valet parking options and separate parking spaces for domestic and international passengers.
● There are 5 different parking lots, all located within a walking distance from international and domestic terminals. The walking distance between car parks and terminals varies from 3 to 8 minutes.
● Because of some discount options, you may want to pre-book a parking space online.
Which International Terminal Will Your Sydney to Auckland Flight Depart From?
All international flights depart from the T1 terminal.
Arriving at Auckland Airport
Getting from Auckland Airport to Your Hotel
The Auckland airport is located between Auckland city and Manukau city and offers plenty of transportation options.
The safest and always available option is Auckland’s airport transfer service called the SkyBus. It is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and it takes you from the AKL airport to the Auckland city center. The transportation fee, in one direction, is $18 for adults and $6 for children.
Another option is the public bus that stops right in front of the airport. The 380 Airporter, a bright orange bus, also charges $18 for adults and $6 for children. This option, unlike the SkyBus, is available only during the daytime.
At the Auckland airport, you will find plenty safe to use taxis and shuttles as well.
Taxi prices vary from company to company, the most low-cost being Cheap Cabs. Their fixed fare to Central Business District (CBD) is $38.
Things To Do in Auckland
● Travel to Auckland’s island of wine. Heavenly beaches and more than 30 wineries are just a 35-minute ferry ride away from the city of Auckland. Here you can enjoy a variety of outdoor activities while indulging in beautiful nature and award-winning wines.
● Have a picnic on top of one of 48 volcanic cones while enjoying spectacular views. Join a guided walk across some of the former Maori settlement complexes and learn about their history from local tribe members.
● If you are an art lover, Auckland’s rich cultural and heritage attractions will leave you speechless. The city’s architecture, impressive galleries and exhibits, available throughout the whole year, are something you’ll definitely remember.
● Explore Bag End, where Frodo and Bilbo’s adventures began. From hobbit holes to Green Dragon Inn, be a Hobbit for a day. Have dinner in the Green Dragon dining room and enjoy the stunning nature under the moonlight.
● Visit the amazing Kelly Tarlton’s Sea Life Aquarium and Watch New Zealand's only colony of Sub-Antarctic penguins goof around in their icy home. Dive with sharks or have a coffee while the ocean knocks on the windows of the aquarium’s café area.
Auckland Airport AKL, New Zealand
The Auckland airport in New Zealand is one of the largest airports in the area, with more than 20 million passengers per year. It is conveniently located 21 kilometers from the city centre, just next to the Mangere residential suburb. It has numerous domestic and international flights, and with Webjet, you can compare them all!