Compare Cheap Flights to Sunshine Coast, Australia
Heading to the Sunshine Coast? Check out Webjet's latest deals, browse airfares from leading airlines around the world and find the perfect flight that suits your budget!
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to Sunshine Coast
Best upcoming flight deals
Cheapest Price to Sunshine Coast
Currency used in Sunshine Coast
Average Time to Sunshine Coast
Current Time in Sunshine Coast
Average Temperature in Sunshine Coast
Average Rainfall in Sunshine Coast
See more of Sunshine Coast
A Guide to Sunshine Coast
Know Before You Go
- The Sunshine Coast is one of Australia's most family-friendly destinations. There are countless activities to do with kids such as going to the zoo, visiting theme parks and other adventurous activities.
- Get online. You'll find free public WiFi at Mooloolaba Beach, Alexandra Headland, Maroochydore Beach and Kings Beach Caloundra.
- Go camping. If you're on a budget, it's one of the most affordable ways to explore the region with permits to camp in national parks costing as little as AUD 5 per person.
- Eat on the cheap at the Nights on Ocean market. It takes place every second Friday of the month, and you'll be able to eat your fill of food for a fraction of what you'd pay in restaurants.
- Visit the Australia Zoo. It's famous around the world thanks to Steve Irwin and features many of Australia's unique wildlife.
Getting Around Sunshine Coast
- Walk or cycle around the city. The Sunshine Coast has extensive routes to choose from throughout the region. You can rent a bike out from a shop in the CBD and explore areas such as Noosa, Maroochydore and Alexandra Headland.
- Take the bus. Sunbus operates a regular service that runs throughout the area. Be sure to check the timetable for your specific route to make sure you don't get stranded.
- Catch a taxi. If you want to get around the Sunshine Coast faster, you can call to arrange a taxi pick-up or hail one down from the street.
- Rent a car. The public transport system is limited in the Sunshine Coast. If you want to explore the region, you will need to hire a car.
When is The Best Time to Visit Sunshine Coast?
December to February is the perfect time to visit Sunshine Coast for beach bums. The weather is warm, and temperatures hover around 26°C. The only setbacks are that these summer months bring the crowds. Expect prices to be higher for accommodation and the beaches to be packed.
If you're looking for slightly cooler temperatures, visit during fall. From March to May, the weather starts to cool down and the landscape changes to beautiful autumnal colours.
Want to have the beach to yourself? Book your trip in winter. The temperatures from June to August stay around 22°C and the cold mornings and evenings keep the crowds away. You'll find better rates on hotels and save with low airfare prices.
Spring (September to November) is another excellent time to visit. The summer crowds have yet to arrive, and the beaches aren't overflowing with sun worshipers. Temperatures also start to warm up, reaching a comfortable 25°C. While savings on flights and hotels won't be as great as the winter months, you'll still be able to find good deals if you book a few weeks in advance.
Airports in Sunshine Coast
Sunshine Coast Airport
The Sunshine Coast is the gateway to Noosa, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba and Caloundra. It operates daily direct flights to Sydney and Melbourne as well as a seasonal route to Auckland, New Zealand.
Getting To and From Sunshine Airport
The cheapest way to get from the airport into town is to take the public bus. Translink runs a regular bus service with Route 622, 7-days a week. The bus stop is located to the right of the arrivals hall.
Another budget-friendly option is to take an airport shuttle. Henry's Airporter and Con-X-ion both operate a service to and from the surrounding areas.
You'll find metered taxis outside the arrival terminal. A one-way trip costs between AUD 25-30. A taxi service fee of AUD 2.00 also applies to all pickups from the airport.
The car rental desks are located adjacent to baggage collection. Book your vehicle of choice beforehand or pick one out when you arrive.