Compare Cheap Flights from Christchurch to Port Hedland, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Port Hedland from Christchurch? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Port Hedland
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Port Hedland
Current Time in Port Hedland
Average Temperature in Port Hedland
Average Rainfall in Port Hedland
See more of Port Hedland
A Guide to Port Hedland
Know Before You Go
- Go on a self-guided street art tour. Port Hedland is home to some of the best street art in the state and has pieces by well-known artists such as Yok and Sheryo. You can get a free street art map from the visitor's centre and spend an afternoon exploring the town's streets and alleyways.
- Get online. If you don't want to spend money on a data bundle, head to the nearest McDonalds and use their WiFi for free.
- Sign up for turtle monitoring. From October to March, Hedland's beaches become nests for the endangered flatback sea turtles. You can go on a tour to watch the females lay the eggs at the start of the season, or visit at the beginning of the year to see the hatchlings make their way into the ocean.
- Drive along the beautiful Pilbara Wildflowers Trail. During the town's winter season, the landscape is awash with colourful wildflowers.
- You don't need to tip. Australia doesn't have a tipping culture, but if you think the service was exceptional, you can tip between 10-15%.
Getting Around Port Hedland
The only public transportation option is Hedland Bus Lines. But the service only runs on weekdays between Port Hedland and Cooke Point, making it an unreliable way to get around.
Another option would be to call a taxi, but it will quickly become expensive especially if you want to explore destinations outside of the CBD.
Car hire is the best way to get around. You can rent a vehicle from the airport or one of the companies in the town centre.
When is The Best Time to Visit Port Hedland?
The best time to visit Port Hedland is during November. The weather is perfect, and the humidity levels are low, making it ideal for outdoor activities. November is also before the busy season starts, so you'll be able to find better deals on flights and accommodation.
The busiest time of year in Port Hedland is from December to February. With the schools on break, locals head to Port Hedland for the festive holiday season. If you're planning your trip during these months, you'll need to book well in advance to lock in lower prices and find availability at your first choice hotel.
If you want to escape the crowds, plan your trip between April and October. The temperatures are pleasant, and there's little chance of rain ruining your day. You'll also have the city's attractions to yourself and finding deals on hotels will be much easier.
Airports in Port Hedland
Port Hedland Airport
Port Hedland Airport is located in Western Australia. It operates flights to popular domestic destinations such as Perth and Brisbane and one international route to Denpasar, Indonesia. Regional airlines Qantas and Virgin Australia serve most of the flights from the airport.
Getting To and From Port Hedland Airport
The best way to get from the airport is with a taxi. You can book your ride directly by calling ahead or go to the taxi stand at the airport. You can meet your driver in the short-term car park for pickups and drop-offs.
The only other option is to hire a car. Port Hedland Airport has five car rental companies that operate from the arrivals terminal.