Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Perth, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Perth from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Perth
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Perth
Current Time in Perth
Average Temperature in Perth
Average Rainfall in Perth
See more of Perth
Cheap Melbourne to Perth Flights
Planning a getaway to Perth that won't break the bank? From it's beautiful beaches to wine, whale-watching to surfing, a trip to this coastal city is more than your average city break.
With 108 flights from Melbourne to Perth each week, you can find the perfect itinerary for your budget. Jetstar Airways, Qantas, Tigerair and Virgin Australia all offer direct routes to Perth with an average flight time of 4 hours.
Ready to book your trip? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Perth without a hitch!
Departing from Melbourne Airport
Getting to Melbourne Airport
Melbourne has three different airports, but all direct flights to Perth depart from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.
To get there, you can take the public bus. It's the cheapest option that goes from the CBD to the transport hub by terminal 4. All you need to do is catch route 478, 479, 482 or 901.
If you have a red-eye flight, the best way to get to Melbourne airport is with the 24-hour SkyBus. It runs every 10 minutes from the city centre and only costs AUD 19 for a one-way trip.
Taxis and ridesharing services can also drop you off along the T4 Transport Hub drop off zone on level 1 or anywhere along Departure Drive.
Want to leave your car at the airport? Choose from one of the three options that best suit your needs. The Value Car Park is great for travellers on a budget, while the Long Term Park and premium Terminal Car Park are perfect for passengers that don't mind paying a bit more for added convenience.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Perth Flight Depart From?
- If you're flying with Qantas, your flight will depart from Terminal 1.
- Virgin Australia flights leave from Terminal 3.
- Jetstar and Tigerair flights to Perth depart from Terminal 4.
All three terminals have restaurants, bars, shops, lounges and free WiFi available for all passengers.
Arriving at Perth Airport
Getting from Perth Airport to Your Hotel
The cheapest way to get from the airport into Perth is with the Transperth buses. Hop on board route 380 at T1/T2 or route 40 at T3/T4. There is also a faster express shuttle bus, but it is the more expensive option.
The taxi ranks are outside the domestic terminals. A one-way ride into the city centre will take 20-minutes depending on traffic and cost around AUD 42-52. Uber is also available at the airport, and you can use the free WiFi to request your ride.
Car hire is a popular option for travellers visiting Perth. You can find the car hire desks by the baggage claim area at each domestic terminal.
Things to Do in Perth
Looking for some inspiration for your trip to Perth? Ranked one of the best places to live in the world, you'll have a hard time running out of things to do. Here are some of the city's highlights that deserve a spot on anyone's list.
- Visit the King's Park and Botanic Garden. It's one of Perth's most beautiful green spaces and boasts some of the best views of the city.
- Head to Fremantle Harbour, one of the country's busiest ports. Browse the bustling weekend market, visit the world's largest didgeridoo store and wander along the waterfront.
- Go on a day trip to Rottnest Island. Only 18 km from the mainland, this small island is home to the rare selfie-loving quokka. It's also a great place to spot humpback whales in the spring and autumn.
- Catch some rays on Cottesloe Beach. Considered one of Perth's best beaches, it's safe for swimming, surfing, snorkelling and diving.