Compare Cheap Flights from Auckland to New Plymouth, New Zealand
Looking for cheap flights to New Plymouth from Auckland? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
^Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Updated" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheapest time to fly to New Plymouth
Best flight deals in April
Cheapest Price from Auckland to New Plymouth
Currency used in New Plymouth
Average Time to New Plymouth
Current Time in New Plymouth
Average Temperature in New Plymouth
Average Rainfall in New Plymouth
See more of New Plymouth
A Guide to New Plymouth
Know Before You Go
- Save money by cooking your own meals. Eating out in New Zealand isn't cheap and can quickly ruin your holiday budget.
- Book a room with a hotel that has free surfboard hire. Even if you don't surf yet, it's never too late to learn and a great way to experience New Plymouth's famous beaches.
- Plan your trip around one of New Plymouth's events. Every year there are tons of festivals to attend such as the WOMAD Festival, GetUp Festival, and the Festival of Lights.
- Go on a free walking tour. It's budget-friendly and a great way to get your bearings while learning about the city's history from a local guide.
- Hire a campervan and explore New Zealand on a budget. Make sure you download the Campermates app to help you find nearby campsites and gas stations.
- Stroll along the Coastal Walkway. It's a 10km track that zigzags around the rugged coastline and has excellent views of Mt Egmont.
Getting Around New Plymouth
- Walking or cycling is an easy way to see New Plymouth at your own pace. There are a few walkways that offer incredible views of the surrounding landscape such as the famous Coastal Walkway and the Huatoki and Tu Henui Walkways.
- If you want to get around faster, you can take the local bus. Eleven routes operate Monday to Friday around the city. On Sunday only two bus routes run, and there are none on a Sunday. Fares within the CBD start at NZD 3.70 per person.
- The easiest way to explore beyond the city is to rent a car. You can hire a vehicle at the airport or from one of the companies in New Plymouth's CBD.
When is The Best Time to Visit New Plymouth?
The most popular time to visit New Plymouth is during the end of year school holidays. From December to February, families from Australia and New Zealand flock to the city. If you're planning a trip during this period, it's a good idea to book your accommodation a few months in advance to lock in more affordable rates.
If you want to avoid the crowds, plan your trip around autumn. From March to May, the temperatures hover at a comfortable 22°C, and you'll have better luck finding deals on tours, flights and hotel rooms during this seasonal slump in tourism.
Despite the cold weather and high chance of rain, winter is New Plymouth's second busiest season. If you can wait for the kids to go back to school, book your trip from September onwards. You'll find lower hotel rates, and the weather will start to warm up for spring.
Airports in New Plymouth
New Plymouth Airport
New Plymouth is located 11km from the city centre and serves the region of Taranaki. It operates direct flights to Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch every day with Air New Zealand, Air Nelson and Mount Cook Airlines.
Getting to and from New Plymouth Airport
If you're travelling on a budget, the best way to get from the airport is with the Scott's Airport Shuttle. It operates seven days a week and costs between NZD 18 to 28 per person.
Metered taxis are available. You'll find the drivers waiting outside of the arrivals terminal.
The car rental desks are located inside the arrivals hall after the baggage claim area.