Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Mackay, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Mackay from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Mackay
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Mackay
Current Time in Mackay
Average Temperature in Mackay
Average Rainfall in Mackay
See more of Mackay
Cheap Brisbane to Mackay Flights
Mackay is one of Australia's top nature destinations. It's home to beach-loving kangaroos, beautiful national parks and countless scenic walking trails.
In just 1h 25min you can fly from Brisbane to Mackay and discover all its natural wonders for yourself. Book your direct flight with either Jetstar, Qantas or Virgin Australia and hop on board one of the 68 weekly flights.
Ready to ditch the city and get lost in the wilderness? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Brisbane to Mackay!
Arriving at Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
The quickest way to get from the Brisbane's city centre to the airport is with the Skytrain. A one-way trip costs AUD 15 and takes about 20 minutes. The trains run from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m. every day.
The best option for budget travellers is to take the local bus. Route 590 and 569 operate between the CBD and the airport. But if you want to save time, there is a faster airport shuttle bus that runs from selected hotels to the airport.
Taxis and ridesharing services are also available. A trip to the airport from the CBD will set you back AUD 33-42 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
- The Park Long is the perfect option for weekend breaks or short business trips to Mackay. The lot is close to the terminals and only a few minutes walking distance from the check-in counters.
- The Park Premium lot is located in the P1 Domestic car park. It offers passengers more convenience with exclusive exit and entry ramps as well as the closest spaces to the terminal building.
- The Park Valet is the most expensive but offers absolute convenience. All you need to do is drop your car off at one of the dedicated spots, and the attendants will take care of the rest.
Arriving at Mackay Airport
Getting from Mackay Airport to Your Hotel
Translink runs a bus service between the airport and the CBD. Route 303 stops at the Mackay Airport eleven times during the week and four times on Saturdays.
The quickest way to get from the airport to your hotel is with a taxi. A single trip costs AUD 20 and the ride will take only 10-minutes if there are no traffic jams.
Want to hire a car while you're in Mackay? An extensive choice of car hire options are available in the Arrivals Halls area.
Things to Do in Mackay
- Visit Eungella National Park. It's a 90-minute drive from Mackay and is home to playful platypuses. Plan to arrive at dawn or dusk when the little critters are most active and watch them from the dedicated viewing platforms.
- Hang out with kangaroos at the beach. Cape Hillsborough National Park is one of the only places in the world where these creatures come out of the bush to chill on the beach.
- Venture to Finch Hatton Gorge. Spend an afternoon walking through the dense tropical rainforest and swimming under the beautiful Araluen and Wheel of Fire waterfalls.
- Go skydiving. There's no better place than Mackay to hurl yourself out of a plane. The views of the Whitsunday Islands and the sugar cane fields will make it all worth it.
- Stroll along the Bluewater Trail. It's one of Mackay's most scenic trails that goes past the Botanic Gardens, Iluka Park and the Bluewater Quay. It also links up with other walks such as the Ocean Way and Catherine Freeman Walk.
- Go on a sugar cane field tour. Mackay was one of the biggest producers of sugar in the country and is home to numerous cane fields on the outskirt of the city. Visit the small handful that are still in operation and see how these crop is harvested.