Compare Cheap Flights from Christchurch to Las Vegas, United States
Looking for cheap flights to Las Vegas from Christchurch? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Las Vegas
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Las Vegas
Current Time in Las Vegas
Average Temperature in Las Vegas
Average Rainfall in Las Vegas
See more of Las Vegas
A Guide to Las Vegas
Know Before You Go
- Don't buy drinks at the casino bar. To keep you gambling, cocktail waitresses will approach you with free drinks. It's an easy way to save money while experiencing the city's nightlife.
- Calculate resort fees into your hotel cost. In most cases, it will bump your stay up to USD 40 per night.
- Grab dinner outside of 6:00 p.m. to 08:00 p.m. The lines at buffets will be smaller, and you won't waste time waiting for your food.
- If you take a photo with someone dressed up as Elmo, Elvis or anyone else, you will need to pay. Make sure you negotiate a price beforehand to avoid any nasty situations.
- You'll have to wait for cabs. It can take up to 30 minutes for taxis to arrive due to the high demand. If you're going out to dinner or watching a concert, it's a good idea to factor in buffer time to get there on time.
Getting Around Las Vegas
- If you're on a budget, the best way to get around Las Vegas is with the public bus. The routes operate 24 hours a day along the Strip and downtown, making it easy and affordable to get back to your hotel. Tickets can be purchased from vending machines at various stops or at convenience stores like 7-Eleven. Fares start at USD 8 for a 24-hour pass.
- Short on time? Take a taxi to get to your final destination. Uber and Lyft also operate in the city, but it might take awhile for your driver to arrive.
- Exploring the Strip on foot is also an option. But make sure you put on plenty of sunscreen and stay hydrated. It's easy to get heat stroke in the desert, and the distances between places are often deceiving.
- Take the Las Vegas Monorail. The service runs along the Strip between 7:00 a.m. and midnight. A single ride costs USD 5 and day passes range from USD 12 to 56.
When is The Best Time to Visit Las Vegas?
The best time to visit Las Vegas is during its two shoulder seasons. From March to May and September to November, you'll find cooler temperatures that make exploring the Strip, and it's surrounding areas more bearable. You might need to pack a few warm layers for the evenings, but the discounts on hotel rooms and flights are worth it.
June to August is the hottest time of year to visit the city. If you're planning a trip during these months, make sure you book a hotel room with aircon. Despite the heat, it's still a popular time to visit, and you can expect higher room rates.
Las Vegas's winter months are full of exciting things to see and do. From December to February, locals and international tourists flock to the city for their end of year holidays and the biggest party of the year -New Year's Eve. If you want to get a spot in your first choice hotel, make sure you book your room a few months in advance to avoid the high season price hike.
Airports in Las Vegas
McCarran International Airport
McCarran International Airport is the main airport servicing Nevada. It's located 8km from Downtown Las Vegas and operates non-stop flights to destinations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Getting to and from McCarran International Airport
Take a taxi. You'll find several cab companies waiting outside of the arrivals terminal. Fares start around AUD 14 for a trip to central Strip, and you'll also have to pay an airport pickup charge of USD 2.
If you're on a tight budget, take one of the public buses from the airport. Fares start at USD 2 for residential routes, and you can buy a day pass for USD 8.
Another affordable option is to take an airport shuttle. Prices start at USD 5 for trips to Strip hotels, but you'll have to wait until the bus is full before you leave.
If you want to arrive at your hotel in style, hire a limo. It costs USD 42 for an hour, and your driver will meet you in the baggage claim area if you book ahead of time.
Car rental companies operate inside of a building three miles from the arrival terminals. You can take a free shuttle bus that departs every five minutes from doors 10 and 11 to reach the rental desks.