Compare Cheap Flights from Gold coast to Langkawi, Malaysia
Looking for cheap flights to Langkawi from Gold coast? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Langkawi
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Langkawi
Current Time in Langkawi
Average Temperature in Langkawi
Average Rainfall in Langkawi
See more of Langkawi
Know Before You Go
- Langkawi Island is duty-free. You can get alcohol, chocolates and other goods for less than half the price compared to other destinations in Malaysia.
- Despite the low alcohol prices, Langkawi is a popular destination for families. The island doesn't have a nightlife scene, and most bars remain empty especially in the low season.
- If you plan to go swimming in the ocean - beware of the jellyfish. The waters around the island are home to several species including the lethal box jellyfish. To stay safe, make sure you swim in clothes or a stinger suit.
- Temperatures on the island are hot any time of the year. To stay hydrated, you'll need to drink about 3 litres a day, even when you don't feel thirsty.
Getting Around Langkawi
- The taxis on Langkawi work on a fixed price system. While this does mean that fares will be higher, the drivers won't be trying to rip off tourists, and you'll have a more reliable and trustworthy journey. You'll find cab drivers waiting at taxi stands by all the major attractions, shopping malls, harbour and at the airport.
- With the island being so small, it's far easier and more affordable to navigate by motorcycle, and you won't have to rely on public transportation. Rates start at MYR 40 per day and petrol will only set you back a couple of ringgit for a full tank. Just remember to request a helmet, as you won't be given one by default.
- If you want more freedom moving around, there are several car rental companies on the island. However, it is more expensive than renting a motorcycle with prices starting at MYR 120 per day.
- It is possible to rent a bicycle on the island, but the heat will make a trip of any length exhausting. Make sure you bring enough water and cash to buy some snacks in between. Rentals start at MYR 15 to MYR 30 per day.
When is The Best Time to Visit Langkawi? If you are planning on doing a lot of outdoor activities, the best time to visit Langkawi is from January to March. The calm ocean means perfect conditions for diving and snorkelling adventures, and you'll have better visibility. But it's also the hottest time of year with daytime temperatures averaging around 34°C with high humidity. High season starts from early November and continues well into April. Expect to pay more for hotels, rental cars and tours. You'll also need to book accommodation several months in advance to ensure availability. The island’s mid season is from the end of April to August. While there will be occasional thunderstorms, temperatures and prices will be lower. Budget and mid range hotels usually drop their rates by almost 50%. It's also the perfect time to visit if you want to escape the crowds. Beaches and all the attractions will be empty, and you won't have to queue up at popular restaurants. One thing to remember is that the majority of islanders will take part in Ramadan during this time. Some operators or businesses will stay closed or operate on limited hours. September to October is the island's rainy season. It's the time of year that Langkawi sees the least amount of tourists. But if you choose to visit during this period, your holiday won't be completely washed out. The downpours only last for about two hours a day and usually happen during the late afternoon or night. You'll have plenty of dry time to explore, and the cooler temperatures will make outdoor activities much more bearable.
Airports in Langkawi
Langkawi International Airport
Located within Padang Matsirat, Langkawi International is 15 minutes away from the island's popular Pantai Tengah stretch. The airport is a hub for AirAsia and seven airlines operate flights to the island from destinations around Asia.
Getting To and From Langkawi International Airport
The only public transport option to get from the airport to your hotel is with a taxi. Fares are fixed, and a ride to Pantai Cenang should cost around MYR 18. You can buy your coupon at the taxi counters located in the baggage claim area.
Your only other option would be to rent a car, but you will need to be comfortable driving on the left-hand side of the road. Car rental companies will be in the centre of the arrivals hall and before the exit corridor.