Compare Cheap Flights from Gold coast to Kununurra, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Kununurra from Gold coast? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Kununurra
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Kununurra
Current Time in Kununurra
Average Temperature in Kununurra
Average Rainfall in Kununurra
See more of Kununurra
A Guide to Kununurra
Know Before You Go
- Go to Lake Argyle. It's the reason why many people visit Kununurra and is located about 70 km outside of town. You'll be able to swim, hike or fish around the many islands, bays and beaches.
- You don't need a 4WD for everything. Kelly's Knob and Mirima National Park are reachable with a bicycle or on foot.
- Climb the Sleeping Buddha. You'll be able to climb to the top and get incredible views of the landscape below.
- Plan your visit around Ord Valley Muster. The annual festival takes place in May and lasts for two weeks. The highlight of the event is the Kimberley Moon Experience dinner which features a performance by the headlining act.
- Work on a farm. If you have a valid Australian work permit, you can find unskilled labour jobs on the farms. The season usually takes place during June and November.
Getting Around Kununurra
- Hit the pavements. While the attractions are far apart, you can see parts of the city on foot. There is no public bus service, so make sure you don't tread too far.
- Hire a car. You can park on the street for free, and there isn't a single traffic light in town. It will also make getting around to attractions outside of the city easier. You'll find car rental companies at the airport, or you can go to their offices in town.
When is The Best Time to Visit Kununurra?
The most popular time to visit Kununurra is during its dry season.
From April to October, there is little chance of rain and the days are sunny and warm. The only downside is that the influx of tourism will mean higher prices. Expect to pay more for flights and accommodation unless you book well in advance.
The wet season runs from November to March. The high temperatures of 40C, humidity and rain keep most travellers away. But if you can handle the less than perfect weather, you'll be rewarded with cheap hotel rates and flights. Plus, you'll be able to sit back and watch the incredible lightning displays that take place over the landscape.
The only big downside to the wet season is that Gibb River Road will be closed. The heavy rains make the roads impossible to pass even with a 4WD.
Airports in Kununurra
Kununurra Airport (also known as East Kimberley Regional Airport) is located in Western Australia. It operates flights to Broome, Darwin, Perth and Halls Creek. The regional airlines that serve the airport are Airnorth, Aviaair, Virgin Australia and Regional Airlines.
Getting To and From Kununurra Airport
If you want to save money, take the Kununurra Airport Shuttle. The bus runs from the airport to most hotels in town. You will need to book at least 24 hours in advance to secure your spot.
Taxis are available at the airport. If there are no drivers there to meet your flight, you can call the local taxi company in town to fetch you.
For those that prefer having more freedom getting around, you can rent a car from one of the agents inside the arrivals hall.