Compare Cheap Flights from Cairns to Kiev, Ukraine
Looking for cheap flights to Kiev from Cairns? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Kiev
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Kiev
Current Time in Kiev
Average Temperature in Kiev
Average Rainfall in Kiev
See more of Kiev
Know Before You Go
- If you want to save money on food, eat out at local cuisine restaurants. A typical meal will cost you about UAH 85 and is a lot cheaper than non-Ukrainian restaurants.
- At 130 km north of Kiev is Chernobyl. With the radiation being weak enough to visit now, you can get a full-day tour for UAH 2,400 from the city.
- There are ATMs all over Kiev that take international cards, but if you are arriving with cash, make sure it's US Dollars, Euros or Russian Roubles. They are the easiest currencies to exchange outside of the airport.
- Don't drink the tap water in Kiev. Stick to bottled water, it's cheap and can be bought at any supermarket in town.
- If you are searching for the best view in Kiev, climb the Mother Monument. Only a few people a day are allowed to climb to the tiny window at the top, but once you are up there, you'll have beautiful panoramic views of the city below. Don't forget your selfie stick!
Getting Around Kiev
- Getting around Kiev with a taxi is convenient and affordable. You can flag a taxi down from just about anywhere, and a trip within the city will cost about UAH 30 to UAH 40. Kiev also has popular ride sharing apps like Uklon, Uber and Hopin making it even easier to find a ride when you need it the most.
- The Kiev Metro is one of the cheapest in Europe. It costs UAH 0.50 for a single trip and is the fastest way to get around the city. The Metro runs from 06:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m. with trains arriving every five minutes.
- Other public transport options include the city’s many buses and private minibuses. While buses are full during peak hours, if you can find a spot on board it will only set you back UAH 3 for a single trip.
- The privately owned marshrutkas follow the same routes as buses and are just as affordable. The fares range from UAH 4 to UAH 6 depending on your destination. The only downside is that you will need to yell at the driver to stop, or he will keep driving.
When is The Best Time to Visit Kiev?
The best time to visit Kiev is during its spring and summer months. From May to September, the weather is warm, and there's plenty to see and do. But if you are looking to save money during this time, avoid the high season months of July and August. Room rates and flights will be more expensive compared to the shoulder months of May and September.
If you can get past Kiev's freezing winter temperatures, there are a number of activities that take place from December to February. From winter sports to a few festivals and the fewer crowds, it's a great time to explore the city. Snow begins to fall around November and January is the coldest month of the year. Room rates will also be cheaper compared to Kiev's peak tourist season.
For festival lovers, the city has plenty of options throughout the year. But the majority take place between May to October. Do your research, find out which ones appeal to you the most and plan your trip around a unique cultural experience.
Airports in Kiev
Boryspil International Airport
Boryspil is the country's largest airport. It's located 29 km from the city centre and handles 65% of passenger traffic into the Ukraine. It's also a hub for Ukraine International Airlines and a focus city for Windrose Airlines.
Igor Sikorsky Kyiv International Airport
Igor Sikorsky is one of two passenger airports in Kiev. It mainly serves domestic flights and international budget airlines. It's one of the busiest business aviation hubs in Europe and is a focus city for Wizz Air.
Getting To and From Boryspil International Airport
Taxis are available from the airport 24 hours a day. The fixed fare rate into the city is UAH 380, and you can buy your ticket from the official taxi desk in the arrivals terminal.
The cheapest way to get from Boryspil into Kiev is with the Sky Bus. It operates around the clock and leaves the airport every 15 minutes in the day and every 30 minutes at night. The bus stops at the Kiev Train Station in the city centre as well as the Kharkivska Metro Station. Tickets cost UAH 80 for a single trip to the train station and UAH 50 to the metro.
If you want to hire a car, there are many car rental companies within the arrivals area.
Getting To and From Igor Sikorsky Kyiv International Airport
The cheapest way to get from Kyiv to the city centre is with public transport. Trolleybus #22 runs from 06:30 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. and tickets cost UAH 3 one way.
Alternatively, the more convenient option is to take a taxi. It's faster and easier for travellers with lots of luggage.