Compare Cheap Flights from Perth to Karratha, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Karratha from Perth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Karratha
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Karratha
Current Time in Karratha
Average Temperature in Karratha
Average Rainfall in Karratha
See more of Karratha
Cheap Perth to Karratha Flights
Once a fly-in, fly-out mining town, Karratha is slowly making a presence for itself on the tourist map. Thanks to its ancient rock art and beautiful natural scenery, it's one of the most unique places in the state.
With 67 direct flights every week from Perth to Karratha, you can discover what all the fuss is about in just 2 hours. Virgin Australia and Qantas both offer nonstop routes, and you can use Webjet's powerful search engine to find the cheapest day to fly.
Ready to get off the beaten track? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Perth to Karratha.
Departing from Perth
Passengers flying with Virgin Australia will depart from Terminals 1 and 2.
Qantas passengers will use either Terminal 2 or 4.
All domestic terminals offer free WiFi, ATMs, shops, restaurants and airline lounges.
Getting to Perth Airport
For travellers on a budget, take the bus to save money on transport costs to the airport. If your flight is departing from T1 or T2, hop on board Route 380. For departures from T3 or T4 takes Route 40.
If you don't want to take public transport, there are metered taxis and ride-sharing services the airport. However, Perth is known for its traffic jams so make sure you give yourself enough buffer time. A one-way trip usually costs between AUD 42 and 52.
Parking at Perth Airport
Which Parking Option is the Best For You?
- Short Term: For trips to Karratha for the weekend, leave your car in the short-term parking lot. You'll get better rates and be close to the terminal building.
- Long Term: For stays longer than a few days, park your car here. Prices start at AUD 10 for the day, and there's a free 24-hour shuttle bus to take you between the parking lot and the terminal building.
- Fast Track: This option is ideal for passengers that want absolute convenience. It is the most expensive option, but you'll be within a one-minute walking distance from the check-in counters.
Arriving at Karratha
Getting from Karratha Airport to Your Hotel
The cheapest way to get from the airport to your hotel is with one of the bus services. The buses are all private transfer, and you can book your spot ahead of time or on arrival. Prices are around AUD 30 per person.
The taxi rank is located outside the arrivals terminal. While the city isn't that far away, you can expect to pay a premium price for the short ride. Rates are between AUD 32-45 one-way.
There are a number of car hire companies such as Budget, Europcar, Avis, Thrifty and Hertz in Karratha Airport. You'll find the rental desks in the arrivals area, near the baggage carousels.
Things To Do in Karratha
- Visit the oldest town in the North West. Roebourne is an interesting day trip thanks to its indigenous and European history. The town boasts old colonial buildings and some of Australia's most respected indigenous artists.
- Step back in time and discover the region's rock art. Karratha is home to some of the oldest petroglyphs in Australia. Go to Murujuga National Park to see some of the best-preserved pieces. History buffs can also take an indigenous tour to learn more about the rock art, and its history.
- Walk the Yaburara Trail. While it's not the easiest hike, it will reward you with fantastic views of the city. The trail is also known for its rock art and other significant places to the indigenous people.
- Go swimming at Hearsons Cove. You can drive your car right up to the water's edge and spend an afternoon cooling off in the waters while having a picnic with your friends and family.