Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Gold Coast, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Gold Coast from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Gold Coast
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Gold Coast
Current Time in Gold Coast
Average Temperature in Gold Coast
Average Rainfall in Gold Coast
See more of Gold Coast
Cheap Sydney to Gold Coast Flights
Need to escape the hustle and bustle of Sydney?
Catch a flight to the Gold Coast - one of Australia's most iconic holiday destinations. In just 1hr 25 min you can find yourself soaking up the sun on 52 km of pristine beaches or tackling the epic surf breaks.
Jetstar, Tigerair, Qantas and Virgin Australia all offer daily non-stop flights. With a total of 3,143 seats available each day and 196 flights each week, you won't have a problem finding the perfect date or time for your Gold Coast getaway.
Got your boarding pass ready? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Sydney to the Gold Coast without a hitch!
Departing from Sydney Airport
Located 8km from the city, Sydney Airport is the largest and busiest airport in Australia. For travellers flying to the Gold Coast, you'll need to head to Terminals 2 and 3 to board your flight.
Both terminals offer free WiFi, ATMs, VIP lounges and plenty of eateries and shops.
Getting to Sydney Airport
The quickest way to get to Sydney Airport is with the train. The T8 Airport Line leaves every ten minutes from 5:00 a.m. to midnight 7-days a week. With a travel time of only 13 minutes, you can avoid getting stuck in any of the city's notorious traffic jams.
Another option for budget travellers is to take the Route 400 bus to the airport. The service only costs AUD 5.60 one way and stops at both the T1 International and T3 Domestic terminals.
If you don't want to take public transport, you can catch a cab or use a ridesharing service. The drive to the airport is only 20-minutes from the city centre and will set you back AUD 45-55 one way.
Parking Options at Sydney Airport
- If you're only planning a short weekend trip to the Gold Coast, park your car in either P1 or P2. It's only a short 5-minute walk to the Domestic Terminals, and you can book online to guarantee an available spot.
- For travellers spending more than just a few days on the Gold Coast, P3 is the best option for long-term parking. It has a discounted daily rate to help you save and is only 8-minutes away from the Terminals T2 and T3.
- The cheapest parking option at Sydney Airport is the Blue Emu. Located on Ross Smith Avenue, it's a 15-minute bus ride to the terminals. While it's not the closest, there is a free 24-hour shuttle that will take you to and from the terminals.
Arriving at The Gold Coast Airport
Getting from the Gold Coast Airport to Your Hotel
- The Translink public bus service is the most affordable option to get to and from the Gold Coast Airport. While you can pay for fares as you go, the Go Explore Pass gives travellers unlimited bus and tram travel for only AUD 10 each day.
- If you want to take a cab to your hotel, head to the taxi rank located outside of the terminal. A ride to the popular Surfers Paradise from the airport will set you back AUD 30-60 depending on the traffic.
- For travellers that prefer hiring a car, you can find the car rental desks opposite the arrivals area. Private transfer services are also available and can be booked either at the airport or before you arrive.
Things to Do in the Gold Coast
- Whether you're visiting for a business trip, a family holiday or on a beach break, the Gold Coast has tons of things to keep you busy.
- Grab your friends and head to one the famous theme parks. Cool off at Wet n' Wild, scream your lungs out at Dreamworld's Big Eight thrill rides and hang out with your favourite cartoon characters at Warner Bros.
- For beach bums, the 57 km of coastline cannot be missed. Go for an afternoon stroll or visit Surfers Paradise, eat some ice cream and take a surf lesson or two.
- The coastline is only just the start for nature lovers. Go further inland and visit the World Heritage rainforests Lamington and Springbrook.
- Round off your visit to the Gold Coast with a stop at the Village or Carrara Markets. Browse over 500 stalls and find some bargain souvenirs to take with you back home.