Compare Cheap Flights from Canberra to Gold Coast, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Gold Coast from Canberra? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Gold Coast
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Gold Coast
Current Time in Gold Coast
Average Temperature in Gold Coast
Average Rainfall in Gold Coast
See more of Gold Coast
Cheap Canberra to Gold Coast Flights
There are so many reasons to visit Australia's Gold Coast. From the idyllic weather to the beaches, the food to the beer, this strip of coastline is arguably the country's most iconic holiday destination.
With five direct flights a week from Canberra to the Gold Coast, you can join the legions of sun worshipers in just 1h 30min. Virgin Australia is the only airline that offers direct flights to the Gold Coast, and Qantas offers connecting flights via Sydney and Melbourne.
Ready to pack your bags and take to the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Canberra to the Gold Coast.
Departing from Canberra Airport
Getting to Canberra Airport
The cheapest way to get to Canberra Airport is with the local bus. Take Route 11 or Route 11A from the CBD to the departure terminals. A single trip will only cost you AUD 4.80, and the service runs 7-days a week.
Ridesharing services and taxis are also available. Depending on traffic, a one-way fare from the CBD will cost anywhere between AUD 48-54.
Parking at Canberra Airport
If you want to leave your car at Canberra Airport, you can choose from the two options that best suit your travel plans and budget.
But keep in mind that the parking lot is not open 24-hours a day. It closes 30 minutes after the last flight and only re-opens at 4:00 a.m.
Parking Options at Canberra Airport
- Covered Parking: This is the more expensive option, but your car will be protected from any unexpected storms. A three-day stay here will cost you AUD 90.
- Outdoor Parking: If you're price sensitive, this is the best option. Prices for a weekend stay are only AUD 69 and AUD 12 for each additional stay.
Arriving at The Gold Coast Airport
Getting from the Gold Coast Airport to Your Hotel
The cheapest way to get from the Gold Coast Airport is with the Translink public bus service. You can pay for your fare as you go or purchase the Go Explore Pass which will give you unlimited bus and tram rides fro AUD 10 a day.
The taxi ranks are located outside of the arrivals terminal. A one-way trip to Surfers Paradise should cost you around AUD 30-60 depending on the traffic.
There are also private transfer services that you can book at the airport or before you arrive.
Want to hire a car while in the Gold Coast? You'll find the car rental desks opposite the arrivals area.
Things to Do in the Gold Coast
- Spend the day at one of the many theme parks. If Australia's heat is getting to you, cool off at Wet n' Wild. Want an adrenaline rush? Scream your lungs out on one of the rides at Dreamworld or hang out with your favourite cartoon characters at Warner Bros.
- The Gold Coast boasts 57km of coastline meaning you'll be spoilt for choice the entire time you're in town. Visit the popular Surfers Paradise, sign up for a surf lesson or take a leisurely stroll down the coast at sunset.
- The coastline isn't the only natural attraction in the Gold Coast. If you head further inland, you can visit the World Heritage rainforests or Lamington and Springbok.
- Don't leave the Gold Coast without visiting its markets. The Village and Carrara Markets have over 500 stalls, making it a bargain hunter's treasure trove. You'll find some unique souvenirs to take back home, and there will be a ton of delicious food to sample as well.