Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Gladstone, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Gladstone from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Gladstone
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Gladstone
Current Time in Gladstone
Average Temperature in Gladstone
Average Rainfall in Gladstone
See more of Gladstone
A Guide to Gladstone
Know Before You Go
- Plan your trip around turtle season. If you want to see the turtles lay their eggs, come to Gladstone between November and December. For turtle hatchlings, book your holiday around January to late March to watch them make their way to the ocean.
- Beware of marine stingers. Gladstone's beaches are most likely to have these creatures around the shoreline between December to March.
- Budget for your trip. If you're on a tight budget, you can find a dorm room for AUD 25-35 per person per night. Hotel rooms and B&Bs charge around AUD 130-250 per night.
- Visit Heron Island. You can fly from Gladstone Airport to the island to get an aerial view of the reef, or you can catch a ferry from the Gladstone Marina.
- Go the Tondoon Botanic Gardens. It features a wet and dry rainforest, walking trails and picnic areas. There is also an 8km cycle lane, and entrance is free.
Getting Around Gladstone
- Take the bus. Buslink operates a limited amount of routes around Gladstone City from Monday to Friday.
- Rent a bicycle. Gladstone has a variety of trails that you can take throughout the city. Most of the town is flat, making it easier to explore the sights at your own pace.
- Book a taxi. You can find taxi ranks at the airport and in the city, or you can call ahead to arrange your ride.
- Take an island transfer. If you want to visit one of the nearby destinations, you can book a trip with Curtis Ferry Services. The company operates routes to North West, Masthead and the Lady Musgrave Islands.
- Hire a car. If you want to explore beyond the city centre, you'll need to hire a car. You can find rental companies at the airport or in town.
When is The Best Time to Visit Gladstone?
The most popular time to visit Gladstone is during its dry season. From May to November, temperatures are lower, and the humidity is bearable. With the lack of rain, you'll be able to experience all of the regions best outdoor activities without worrying about the weather ruining your plans.
If you're interested in diving or snorkelling, the water will be at its clearest thanks to a decreased runoff.
The only downside to visiting is the crowds. You'll need to book your trip well in advance to lock in lower prices and get your first choice hotel.
If you're travelling to Gladstone on a budget, visit during the wet season. From December to April, the weather won't be perfect, but you'll still be able to enjoy outside activities if you can handle the heat. You'll also be able to find cheaper flights, accommodation and tours.
Airports in Gladstone
Gladstone Airport is located in Queensland and is 10 km away from the city centre. It operates domestic flights to and from Brisbane with QantasLink, Virgin Australia and Alliance Airlines.
Getting To and From Gladstone Airport
Take Route 502 with Buslink. If you're on a tight budget, the best way to get to and from the airport is with the public bus. The bus stops at the Stockland Shopping Centre, Seaview Heights and Clinton Park suburbs.
If you don't want to use public transport, you can take a cab. The taxi ranks are located outside the arrivals hall, and a trip into the CBD will take 10 minutes.
Prefer having your own set of wheels? Gladstone Airport has car rental desks in the arrivals terminal.