Compare Cheap Flights from Adelaide to Geraldton, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Geraldton from Adelaide? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Geraldton
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Geraldton
Current Time in Geraldton
Average Temperature in Geraldton
Average Rainfall in Geraldton
See more of Geraldton
A Guide to Geraldton
Know Before You Go
- Try windsurfing. The city is known as the windsurfing capital of Australia. Head to one of the most popular spots, Coronation Beach and give it a try. You'll be able to take lessons or rent gear from one of the local operators.
- Visit the Abrolhos islands. Located 60 km from Geraldton coastline, you'll be able to spend the day snorkelling or swimming in the pristine waters. There isn't any accommodation available on the islands, but you can book a scenic day trip.
- Head to one of the city's 14 indigenous sites. You'll be able to learn about the local Aboriginal heritage, sample traditional bush foods and see the remnants of a midden.
- See the 14km Hutt Lagoon. Depending on the time of day, it changes from bubblegum pink to lilac purple. You can take a scenic flight to see it from above or take a drive along the George Grey Drive.
- Taste the city's famous seafood. Geraldton is known for it's delicious and fresh seafood. While you're here, you can taste its rock lobster at any local restaurant which is an international delicacy.
Getting Around Geraldton
- Take the bus. The Geraldton Bus Service runs from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday.
- Hit the pavements. Most of Geraldton is flat, and its attractions are within walking distance from each other.
- Hire a car. You'll find Avis and Hertz operating out of the airport and in town.
- Take a taxi. If you need to get around town faster, you can call up the local taxi company and request a ride.
When is The Best Time to Visit Geraldton?
Geraldton has a pleasant climate year round. In the winter (June to August), temperatures average around 20 °C, and in summer (December to February) the city reaches highs of 40 °C.
The most popular time to visit Geraldton is in December, January and September. If you're planning a trip during these months, hotel and airfare prices will be high. Book in advance to ensure availability and lock in lower prices.
If you want to avoid the crowds, come to the city in November. You'll have the attractions all to yourself and hotel prices will be at their lowest. The winter months are also a good time of year to find deals on accommodations and tours.
If you want to escape the heat of summer, but avoid the colder temperatures of winter, visit in fall. From March to May, the weather reaches highs of 33°C and only drops to 23°C at night.
Airports in Geraldton
Geraldton Airport is located in Western Australia and is 11km from the city centre. It operates regular flights to Perth with regional airlines Network Aviation, Virgin Australia and Regional Airlines.
Getting To and From Geraldton Airport
The best way to get to your hotel from the airport is to take a taxi. If you don't want to wait for a cab when you arrive, it's advised to book ahead.
There are also a number of coach and bus charter companies that operate routes to nearby destinations.
If you want to have your own set of wheels, the airport has several major car rental companies. You can choose from Avis, Budget, Europcar, Hertz and Thrifty upon arrival or pre-book your vehicle online.