Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Gdansk, Poland
Looking for cheap flights to Gdansk from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Gdansk
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Gdansk
Current Time in Gdansk
Average Temperature in Gdansk
Average Rainfall in Gdansk
See more of Gdansk
Know Before You Go
- Buy the Gdansk Sightseeing Card. It costs PLN 50 and will give you free access to the city's museums, public transport and more than 200 discounts.
- Make sure you keep small change on hand. You won't be able to break large notes like PLN 100 at smalls shops, bars, or the tram.
- If you're given the option to choose between paying in your currency or the Polish zloty with your credit card, always choose the later. It will work out cheaper, and you won't be charged a foreign transaction fee.
- Public toilets aren't free in Gdansk. Some restaurants and bars still charge even if you are a customer. Keep small change on you to pay for entrance as well as some toilet paper in your bag.
- While the water in Poland is safe to drink, the plumbing in many places affects the quality. Rather stick to bottled water, it's cheap and available at any convenience store.
Getting Around Gdansk
- Gdansk's city centre is compact making it easy to explore on foot. Many of the major attractions are also within walking distance, so you'll only need to rely on public transportation if you want to go further afield.
- The trams and buses are one of the best ways to get around. Tickets cost PLN 3.20 for a single trip, or you can buy a 24-hour ticket for PLN 13. If you are going to be out late, the city has night buses that cost PLN 4.20 for a single ride.
- There are also water trams you can use between the months of May to September. The two lines run from Zabi Kruk to Westerplatte and Targ Rybny to the National Sailing Centre. Tickets are PLN 10 and can be bought online.
- The SKM train runs every ten minutes between 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. There is also a night train service operating from midnight until 4:00 a.m. Tickets cost PLN 6.20 to go from Gdansk to Gdynia with a 35 minute journey time.
- Taxis are also available, but they are not that popular as the drivers have a reputation for being dishonest. If you decide to use one, make sure the meter is on. A ride from Gdansk to Gdynia should cost no more than PNL 80.
- If you hire a car to get around, be aware of Poland's strict drinking and driving laws. The maximum blood/alcohol limit is 0.2% which means you won't be able to have a single beer as the designated driver.
When is The Best Time to Visit Gdansk?
The city's winter months are it's off season. Temperatures drop to an average of -3°, keeping many tourists at bay. But if you can handle the cold and don't mind bundling up, you'll find some of the best deals on hotels and flights.
The best time to visit is from June to August, during Gdansk's high season. The warm summer weather and the city's many festivals attract visitors from near and far. It's one of the liveliest times to visit and experience the town's nightlife at its best. Just make sure you book your accommodation in advance to try and avoid the seasonal bump in prices.
If you don't like crowds, book your holiday during the spring and autumn months. The city isn't bursting with tourists, and you can sightsee in peace. Spring days are also at their longest, meaning you'll have more time to fit in activities than the rest of the year. Prices for hotels also drop in these shoulder months, and it's the best time to visit the beach if you want it all to yourself.
Airports in Gdansk
Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport
Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport is located 14 km from the city centre. It's the third largest airport in Poland and flies to destinations all over Europe. The airport's most popular flight routes are to the Nordic countries and the British Isles. It's also a hub for budget airline Ryanair and several major airlines have regular flights to and from the airport.
Getting To and From Gdansk Lech Walesa Airport
The cheapest way to get from the airport into the city is with bus 110, 210 or the N3. Fares cost PLN 3.20 for a single ride during the day and PLN 4.20 at night. Travel time is around 35 to 50 minutes depending on traffic.
You can also take the train from the airport to the city's central railway station. Tickets cost PLN 3.50 one way and are purchased at the machines in the station.
If you want to take a taxi, head to the arrivals hall. Cabs will be waiting, and fares vary depending on the time and day of the week. Prices are usually PLN 50 to 60 and PLN 60 to 70 after 10:00 p.m. and on weekends.
Head to terminal T1 to rent a car. There are several well-known brands to choose from and a variety of vehicles available to suit your needs.