Compare Cheap Flights from Rotorua to Easter Island, Chile
Looking for cheap flights to Easter Island from Rotorua? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Easter Island
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Easter Island
Current Time in Easter Island
Average Temperature in Easter Island
Average Rainfall in Easter Island
See more of Easter Island
Know Before You Go
- Easter Island has 2 ATMs, but only one accepts all card types. Head to the ATM of Santander if you have a Visa card as the machine outside the Banco Estado only accepts Cirrus, Maestro and Mastercard.
- The official currency on the island is the Chilean peso, but the exchange rate won't be as favourable. Before arriving, withdraw and exchange enough cash in Santiago if you want to save money.
- If you plan on visiting Anakena beach, be cautious when walking under the palm trees. The wind on the island is strong and if you aren't careful one of the coconuts might fall and hit you.
- Upon arrival, you'll need to buy entrance for Rapa Nui National Park to see the island's famous sites like Rano Raraku and Orongo. Tickets can be CLP 52,000 per person.
- If you are travelling to Easter Island on a budget, one of the best ways to save money is to camp. If you have your own gear, prices start at CLP 4,500 per person, or you can rent tents, mattress and sleeping bags for CLP 5,500.
Getting Around Easter Island
- The best way to get around the island if you aren't in a rush is to walk. All the interesting places around the town are close to each other, and it's a great way to get your bearings in this remote territory. There are also a few walks to caves, viewpoints and archaeological sites if you want to get out of town for a few hours.
- With Easter Island being so small, taxis within Hanga Roa are cheap and convenient. A ride should cost you around CLP 1,900 in town, but longer distances will be more expensive.
- You can also rent a car while on the island. Rates start at CLP 50,000 a day, but the price is negotiable. If your haggling skills are on point, you can probably work out a discount.
- For travellers who want more freedom getting around without the expense of renting a car, you can hire a bicycle. There are several businesses on the main street that rent bikes for CLP 8,000 for 8 hours.
- It's also possible to rent motorbikes and quads for around CLP 30,000 to CLP 50,000 per day. It's a good option if you plan to venture off-road, but keep in mind there are no insurance companies on the island. So if you have an accident, you'll have to cover the cost of the repairs before you leave.
- If you don't want to join one of the expensive tours, a more affordable way to see the island is the hop on hop off bus. The Ara Moai runs on a circular route past all the main attractions. The tour comes with an audio guide in 4 different languages and costs CLP 15,000 per person.