Compare Cheap Flights from Palmerston north to Dubbo, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Dubbo from Palmerston north? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Dubbo
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Dubbo
Current Time in Dubbo
Average Temperature in Dubbo
Average Rainfall in Dubbo
See more of Dubbo
A Guide to Dubbo
Know Before You Go
- Visit the Taronga Western Plains Zoo. Get there early to beat and crowds and watch the sunrise over the city. The best way to get around and see as much as possible is to either hire a bike or one of the buggys.
- Know your budget. A hostel dorm room in Dubbo costs between AUD 28-40 and a hotel room will set you back AUD 130-250.
- Go on the Dubbo Heritage Walk. It will take you past the city's ornate buildings and teach you about the figures from the past that helped shape the city into what it is today.
- Do the Beyond the Grave Tour. It takes place at the Old Dubbo Gaol which closed in 1966 and is believed to be one of the most haunted spots in the city.
- Go to the Dubbo Farmers Market. It takes place on the first and third Saturday of the month inside Macquarie Lions Park. You'll be able to pick up some delicious local produce such as fruit, vegetables, and wine.
Getting Around Dubbo
- Hire a bicycle. There is a free map you can get from tourism information that shows all the bike routes in and around the city.
- Get a taxi. If you want a faster way of getting around, you can call Dubbo Taxis to request your ride.
- Take the bus. Dubbo Buslines runs a regular service with six routes: South, North-East, West, Firgrove/ Richmond / Wongarbon and Central South.
- Rent a car. You can pick one up from the airport or go to the Avis, Budget, Hertz and Thrifty's offices in town.
When is The Best Time to Visit Dubbo?
The most popular time to visit Dubbo is in summer. From December to February, the weather is warm, reaching highs of 33°C. If you're planning your trip during this period, make sure you book flights and accommodation well in advance. Prices skyrocket during these months and hotels fill up fast.
If you want similar weather to the summer months without the price tag, come to Dubbo in spring. From September to November, the days average around 30°C and the crowds have yet to arrive. You'll have better luck finding deals on flights and hotels have yet to raise their prices to meet the high season demand.
Fall (March to May) and winter (June to August) are the quietest times of year to visit Dubbo. Rain is also rare making it a great time for outdoor activities without the heat of the summer months. If you book a few weeks in advance, you'll be able to find discounts on hotels, and you'll have the city's attractions to yourself.
Airports in Dubbo
Dubbo Airport (also known as Dubbo City Airport) is located in New South Wales, Australia. It operates domestic flights to Canberra, Newcastle, Brisbane, Melbourne, Sydney, Cobar and Broken Hill. The airport is served by FlyPelican, JetGo, Eastern Australia Airlines and Regional Express.
Getting To and From Dubbo Airport
There are no public transport options to and from Dubbo Airport.
The best way to get into town is to hire a metered taxi. A trip into the CBD costs AUD 12, and you'll find drivers waiting outside the arrivals terminal.
If you want more freedom getting around Dubbo, hire a car. There are five rental companies to choose from in the arrivals terminal.