Compare Cheap Flights from Sydney to Copenhagen, Denmark
Looking for cheap flights to Copenhagen from Sydney? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Copenhagen
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Copenhagen
Current Time in Copenhagen
Average Temperature in Copenhagen
Average Rainfall in Copenhagen
See more of Copenhagen
Know Before You Go
- Metered taxis are expensive. If you need to get around and the public transport system won't cut it, instead use Uber. It's 20% cheaper, and you can pay with your credit card.
- If you want to visit Tivoli, you need to plan your trip carefully. The amusement park is open from April 10th to September 21st; 11th to 27th October and November 15th to December 31st.
- You don't need to worry about downloading a translator app. Most of Denmark's citizens are fluent in English and can speak three or more languages.
- Buy the Copenhagen Card for unlimited use on the city's public transportation system. It costs DKK 389 for a 24-hour pass, and you'll also get free admission to over 70 attractions in the city.
- Stay outside of the city centre if you're on a tight budget. It won't cost that much to commute into town, and you'll have more money to spend on tours or activities.
Getting Around Copenhagen
Hit the pavements. Copenhagen is an easy city to explore on foot, and you can sign up for a walking tour if you want to get your bearings before you head off on your own.
Take the metro. The trains run every 3-6 minutes making it a fast and reliable way to get around the city. During the evenings, the service slows down to 20-minute intervals after midnight from Sunday to Thursday and every 15 minutes after 1:00 a.m. on Saturdays.
Hop on board the bus. Seven A-buses run around the city centre, eight S-buses that service the suburban areas and a night bus that operates from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.
Hire a bike. If you want to see the city at your own pace, you can hire a bicycle from one of the vendors in the city centre.
When is The Best Time to Visit Copenhagen?
One of the best times to visit Copenhagen is between May and August. In the summer months, there's plenty to see and do, and the city's streets are buzzing with activity. The only downside is that it’s high season and you'll need to book your flights and accommodation to avoid the increase in prices.
Spring in Copenhagen is also a good option. The summer crowds have yet to arrive, and you'll be in time to visit the famous Tivoli Gardens. Hotels and airlines have yet to increase their prices, so you'll have better luck finding deals.
Escape the crowds by planning your trip around the city's autumn months. From September to November, Copenhagen empties out, and you'll have top attractions all to yourself.
December to February is winter and temperatures drop to 0°C in January. If you can handle the freezing temperatures, you'll be able to explore the famous Christmas markets and save with cheaper hotel rates and flight prices.
Airports in Copenhagen
Located 8km from the city centre, Copenhagen Airport is the main international airport for Denmark. It's one of the oldest in Europe and is a hub for Norwegian Air Shuttle and Scandinavian Airlines.
Getting To and From Copenhagen Airport
Use the metro to get from the airport into the city. The trains leave every 4-6 minutes and have a total journey time of 13-minutes. Tickets cost DKK 36 per person, or you can buy one of the public transportation passes.
Catch the local bus. Route 5A leaves the airport for Copenhagen Central Station every 10 minutes. It takes 30-minutes to reach the city, and there is a limited service at night.
Take the train from Terminal 3. The service operates to and from the central station every 13 minutes during the day and 1-3 times in the evening.
Grab a cab. You'll find the taxi stand outside of Terminals 1 and 3. A ride into the city will cost DKK 250-300 and take around 20-minutes depending on the traffic.