Compare Cheap Flights from Sunshine coast to Cardiff, United Kingdom
Looking for cheap flights to Cardiff from Sunshine coast? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet flight fees per booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Cardiff
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Cardiff
Current Time in Cardiff
Average Temperature in Cardiff
Average Rainfall in Cardiff
See more of Cardiff
Know Before You Go
- Get the Cardiff card. For only GBP 4, you can get 50% off for the city's top attractions, activities and sightseeing tours. The card also entitles you to discounts at restaurants, shops and hotels. It's one of the best ways to experience the city on a budget.
- Check to see if a restaurant is open. On Mondays, most of the independent restaurants are closed. It's a good idea to call ahead or check their operating hours online to avoid disappointment.
- Tipping is expected, but not necessary if you weren't satisfied with the service. Some restaurants also add a 12.5% service charge, so be sure to check your bill before adding a tip.
- Cardiff is an event city. If you want a more laid-back atmosphere, plan your trip around the city's major concerts and events. Otherwise, join in on the festivities.
- The best way to see the city is on the sightseeing bus. Tickets cost GBP 9 and also include a two-for-one tour of the Wales Millennium Centre. It's a great way to explore Cardiff when you don't have much time.
Getting Around Cardiff
- The cheapest way to explore Cardiff is on foot. The city is compact, and most of the attractions are within walking distance. You can also join one of the popular walking tours. It's a great way to learn more about Cardiff's history while discovering some of the lesser-known spots.
- If you get tired of walking, there are several taxi ranks throughout the city. You can also hail one of the cabs from the street. Your ride will be metered, and you don't need to negotiate a price for your trip beforehand.
- If you want to get some exercise while exploring Cardiff, hire a bike. The city is full of cycle paths, and bikes can be hired at various places in Cardiff.
- Another affordable way to get around is with Cardiff's extensive bus system. The coaches move around the city in an anti-clockwise direction and have stops near most of the city's top attractions.
When is The Best Time to Visit Cardiff?
The best time to visit Cardiff is during the summer months. From June to August, temperatures are higher, and the city sees the least amount of rain compared to other seasons. However, the warmer weather and school holidays attract local and international travellers to the city. Expect higher hotel rates and the city's top attractions to be swarming with tourists.
A good alternative to the summer rush is spring. Temperatures aren't as warm, but it's a slow month for tourism in Cardiff. From March to May, you'll have a better chance finding deals and crowds will be minimal.
Winter is the cheapest time of year to visit Cardiff. December to February's freezing temperatures and snow keep most travellers away. However, if you don't mind bundling up, hotel rates will be at their lowest, and you'll be in time for Cardiff's Christmas markets.
Airports at Cardiff
Cardiff International Airport
Cardiff International Airport is located 20 km from the city centre and is the busiest airport in Wales. While the airport isn't a hub for any particular airline, it has direct and indirect routes to destinations in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
Getting to and From Cardiff International Airport
The cheapest way to get from the airport is with the Cardiff Airport Express Bus. A one-way trip will cost you GBP 7, or you can get a return for GBP 10. The shuttles run every 20 minutes in summer (April to October) and every 30 minutes, in the winter (November to March).
Another convenient option is to take the train. The airport has a shuttle service that connects it to the nearby station. Trains run every hour from Monday to Saturday and connect passengers to Cardiff Central and Bridgend.
Cardiff airport also has a fleet of official taxis waiting outside the terminal. While fares into town aren't expensive, it's the best option if you have a lot of luggage or you're in a rush.
Other ways to get into the city include shared shuttle services and car rentals which can all be booked at the airport.