Compare Cheap Flights from Brisbane to Canberra, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Canberra from Brisbane? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Canberra
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Canberra
Current Time in Canberra
Average Temperature in Canberra
Average Rainfall in Canberra
See more of Canberra
Cheap Brisbane to Canberra Flights
Looking for cheap flights from Brisbane to Canberra?
With 63 flights a week, you won't have to look hard to find a route that suits your budget or schedule. Hop on board a direct flight with either Qantas TigerAir or Virgin Australia, and you'll be soaking up Canberra's vibrant city culture in just 1h 45min.
Ready to pack your bags? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Brisbane to Canberra!
Departing from Brisbane Airport
Getting to Brisbane Airport
If you want to avoid the traffic, take the SkyTrain to get to the airport. It's a short 20-minute trip and terminates at the departure terminals. A single trip ticket only costs AUD 15 and trains leave the CBD every 15 minutes from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m.
Another affordable option is to take the local bus. Routes 569 and 590 all go from the city centre to the airport. But if you want to avoid all the stops in between, take the more direct shuttle transfer services that fetch you straight from your hotel.
Taxis and ridesharing services are also available in Brisbane. A trip to the airport should cost around AUD 33-42 depending on the traffic.
Parking at Brisbane Airport
- For short business or weekend trips to Canberra, leave your car in the Park Long lot. It's close to the domestic terminals and is a few minutes away from the check-in counters.
- If you want to park as close as possible to the terminals, choose the Park Premium option. It's located on level 3 of the P1 Domestic car park and has exclusive exit and entry ramps.
- The Park Valet option is ideal for passengers who want absolute convenience. All you need to do is drop your car off and head to the check-in counters while the airport staff take care of everything else.
Arriving at Canberra Airport
Getting from Canberra Airport to Your Hotel
For budget travellers, the most affordable way to get from the airport into the city is with the bus. Take route 11 or 11A and get into the CBD for as little as AUD 4.80 one-way.
If you're in a rush, the best way to get to your hotel is with a taxi. You will find the taxi ranks outside the arrivals terminal, and a one-way trip costs AUD 45-54.
Ride-sharing services are also available at Canberra Airport. Meet your driver at the Express Pick-up car park. It's 20 meters on the ground floor of the arrivals hall.
Car hire desks are located on the lower arrivals level of the terminal. You can choose from six car rental companies who will be able to help you find the perfect car for your travelling needs.
Things to do in Canberra
- Canberra is one of Australia's culture capitals and is full to the brim with history. One of the best places to stop is The Australian War Memorial. Spend an afternoon learning all about the country's colonial period right up to present day.
- Get out of the city and hike to the Mount Ainslie Lookout. It's one of the most popular heritage trials and will reward you with spectacular views of Canberra's more important landmarks.
- Unleash your inner art geek at the National Gallery of Australia. It boasts some of the country's most significant art collections and includes pieces of Australian, Indigenous and Asian art.
- For sports fans, book a tour of the Australian Institute of Sport. You'll be able to watch some of the top athlete's trains and even use some of the state of the art facilities.