Compare Cheap Flights from Melbourne to Brisbane, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Brisbane from Melbourne? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Brisbane
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Brisbane
Current Time in Brisbane
Average Temperature in Brisbane
Average Rainfall in Brisbane
See more of Brisbane
Cheap Melbourne to Brisbane Flights
Want to explore one of Australia's most underrated destinations?
Grab your passport and head to Brisbane! The capital city of Queensland is a nature lovers mecca, with over 1,920 nearby parks and reserves.
Plus, it's only a short 2h 20min flight from Melbourne. Qantas, Virgin Australia, Jetstar and Tigerair all offer direct flights from Melbourne to Brisbane with 264 flights each week.
So whether you're visiting for business or leisure, you won't have a hard time finding the perfect flight to fit your schedule.
Ready to take to the skies? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Melbourne to Sydney!
Departing from Melbourne Airport
There are three airports in Melbourne, but all direct flights to Brisbane depart from Melbourne Tullamarine Airport.
The cheapest way to get to the airport is with the public bus. Routes 478,479, 482 and 901 all connect passengers to the ground level of the transport hub out terminal 4.
If you have an early morning or late night flight, you can take the Melbourne SkyBus. It operates 24 hours a day and runs every 10 minutes from the CBD at a flat rate of AUD 19.
Taking an Uber or a taxi to Melbourne Airport? Get dropped off anywhere along Departure Drive or outside the T4 Transport Hub drop off zone.
If you want to park your car at the airport, you have three options. Choose from the Value Car Park (perfect for budget travellers), the Long Term Park or the premium Terminal Car Park.
Which Domestic Terminal Will Your Melbourne to Sydney Flight Depart From?
Melbourne Airport has four domestic terminals.
- Go to Terminal 1 for Qantas flights to Brisbane.
- Virgin Australia domestic flights depart from Terminal 3.
- Jetstar and Tigerair flights operate out of Terminal 4.
Each terminal has ATMs, VIP lounges, and free WiFi. If you have some time before your flight to Brisbane, browse the shops or have a snack at one of the many eateries.
Arriving at Brisbane Airport
The fastest way to get into Brisbane city centre is with the Airtrain. It takes only 20-minutes to travel from the airport to the CBD. Trains run from 5:04 a.m. to 10:04 p.m. every 15 minutes 7-days a week.
Another affordable option is to take the TransLink bus service. Hop on board Route 569 or 590 to make your way into town.
For passengers that want to take an Uber from Brisbane Airport into the city, you'll need to head to the front of the domestic terminal. Once you've collected your baggage and you're ready to go, let your driver know for immediate pickup.
If you prefer to take a cab, you'll find the taxi rank in front of the domestic terminal. Just keep in mind that you will have to pay an additional access fee of AUD 3.70 on top of your fare.
Things to Do in Brisbane
- Brisbane may not be as popular as Sydney or Melbourne, but it does not lack things to do. Plan your trip around one of the city's internationally acclaimed cultural, art or sporting events.
- A night out in Brisbane wouldn't be complete without some live music. The city has more bars, pubs and clubs than any other place in the world, making it a prime destination for music lovers.
- Want to get out of the city for a bit? Head to the nearby Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, D'Aguilar National Park or Gondwana Rainforests.
- Or make your way to Moreton Bay and relax on one of the beautiful sandy beaches. Be sure to keep an eye out for the local wildlife - turtles, whales and dolphins are frequently seen along the shoreline.