Compare Cheap Flights from Perth to Bangalore, India
Looking for cheap flights to Bangalore from Perth? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Bangalore
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Bangalore
Current Time in Bangalore
Average Temperature in Bangalore
Average Rainfall in Bangalore
See more of Bangalore
Know Before You Go
- Don't drink the tap water in Bangalore. If you do, you might end up spending the rest of your holiday sick. Rather buy the inexpensive bottled water and be on the safe side.
- It's recommended to respect the culture and dress conservatively when visiting temples. Pack a pair of loose trousers and a t-shirt that covers your shoulders if you plan on visiting any religious sites.
- Bangalore has an early curfew. Restaurants close by 1:00 am, and pubs start shutting their doors by 11:30 pm on weekdays and 1:00 am on the weekend.
- Make sure you pack mosquito repellent to avoid malaria and dengue fever. If you go out at night, play it safe by wearing pants and a long sleeved shirt to avoid those pesky insect bites.
- If you don't have a huge budget, but still want to do some shopping while in Bangalore, head to MG (Mahatma Gandhi) Street. You'll find everything from Cashmere shawls to delicious food at much lower prices compared to the city's glitzy shopping malls.
Getting Around Bangalore
- The quickest way to get around Bangalore is with the auto rickshaws. But make sure you negotiate your way to a fair price before getting in. These rickshaws can be found all over the city at any time but will charge more after 10:00 pm.
- The bus is a cheap way to explore the city. The local bus network is extensive and can take you to most of Bangalore's attractions. Buses run about every 15 minutes, but the stops aren't in English, so you will need to know which route number to take.
- The Bangalore Metro is a relatively new form of public transportation in the city. It only has three lines at the moment with plans to expand in the future. The trains run from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm and leave every 15 minutes.
- Taxis aren't the easiest to find on the streets of Bangalore. If you need one to take you around the city, call ahead to book your ride and save yourself the hassle. Or use a ride sharing app like Uber that will give you better rates if you are on a tight budget.
- It's not recommended to rent a car in Bangalore. The road conditions aren't the best; traffic is gridlocked; signage isn't always clear and local drivers are known to be erratic.
When is The Best Time to Visit Bangalore?
Bangalore's high season is during its winter months. From September to February the city sees an influx of tourists looking to take advantage of the more pleasant weather. It's the perfect time of year to enjoy Bangalore's many lakes, gardens and outdoor activities with little chance of rainfall. Just remember to pack a light jacket for the evenings when temperatures drop to about 10°C.
If you are on a budget and visiting Bangalore during this time, book your accommodation and flights a month or two in advance to lock in prices before they start to skyrocket.
The city's shoulder season is from March to May. Temperatures start to rise, averaging at 36°C and monsoon season has yet to begin. The winter crowds will start to thin out, and you'll find better rates for hotel rooms and airfares.
From June to September, the city experiences its monsoon season. Luckily, the heavy downpours are rarely continuous, so you'll still be able to enjoy your trip if your schedule is flexible. Hotel rates are at their lowest during this time of year and crowds are at a minimum.
Airports in Bangalore
Kempegowda International Airport
Kempegowda is the third busiest airport in India located 40 km from Bangalore's city centre. It serves almost 500 flights a day and processes over 20 million passengers a year. The airport is a hub for AirAsia India, Alliance Air, IndiGo and Jet Airways.
Getting To and From Kempegowda International Airport
The cheapest way to get from the airport to Bangalore is with the airport shuttle bus service. The shuttles leave every 30 minutes and connect passengers to 11 routes around the city. A single journey costs INR 170-300 depending on the distance travelled.
For travellers that want to take a taxi, you can find the cabs waiting outside the terminal building. If you don't want to negotiate a price, head to the prepaid taxi counter at the terminal exit. A one-way fare should cost INR 800 and the journey time is 1 to 2 hours depending on traffic.
If you want a cheaper option, use the ride-sharing app Uber. The Uber Zone is located behind Cafe Coffee Day, and it's a convenient option if you don't have cash on you to pay for a ride.
If you want to rent a car for your stay in Bangalore, there are a fleet of high-end luxury cars to choose from at the airport. Rates for premium cars like Innova or Honda City start at INR 1,200 for distances up to 35 km.