Compare Cheap Flights from Auckland to Bali, Indonesia
Looking for cheap flights to Bali from Auckland? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
*Prices on this page are subject to change without notice, perform a search to view live pricing. Prices are inclusive of taxes and airline surcharges. Webjet fees per flight booking: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, NZ/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, NZ/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95. Varying payment fees are included in the price breakdown on Webjet’s checkout page, once your payment method has been selected.
Flight prices are indicative, based on passenger numbers and may vary dependent on your individual flight dates. Prices were found by customers on the date in the right hand column labelled "Last Search Update" and may vary. Complete a new search to view live pricing.
Cheap Auckland to Bali Flights - Webjet
With its ancient temples, black sand beaches and incredible value for money, it's no wonder Bali was named TripAdvisor's top destination in the world for 2018.
Air New Zealand offers non-stop flights from Auckland to Bali's airport in Denpasar. If you depart in the morning, you can be checking into your hotel by the evening with a flight time of only 11 hours.
For frugal travellers, you can find lower airfare prices by choosing a flight with a stop along the way. Malaysia Airlines, Qantas and Emirates all offer this service.
Ready to explore one of the top island destinations? Here's everything you need to know about flying from Auckland to Bali without a hitch!
Departing from Auckland Airport (AKL)
Getting to Auckland Airport (AKL)
The best way to get from Auckland's city centre to the airport is with the SkyBus. It operates 24 hours a day and takes about 40-60 minutes. Tickets are available from the bus driver as well as selected hostels, hotels and websites. A one-way trip costs NZD 18 or NZD 34 for a return.
Another affordable way to get to Auckland Airport is with the bright orange 380 Airporter bus. It runs seven days a week with buses departing from stations every 15 to 20 minutes.
Passengers can also catch a train to the Papatoetoe Train Station and then connect to the Airporter bus. Trains run daily between 5:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Route 31 is another option you can use to connect to the Airporter service. It travels between Botany Town Centre and Mangere Town Centre via Papatoetoe Train Station. The service runs seven days a week, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Taxis are also available in Auckland. Fares to the airport cost between NZD 38 to NZD 75 for a one-way trip. Shuttles are a slightly cheaper option with prices starting at NZD 35 per person.
Parking at Auckland Airport (AKL)
If you want to leave your car at the airport, you can choose from 3 different options:
- Economy Parking: This is the best option for budget travellers. You'll have the convenience of parking nearby the terminal buildings at a reasonable price.
- Standard Parking: If you're visiting Bali for a few days on business or for a well deserved holiday, park your car here. You'll be close to the terminals, making checking in for your flight a stress-free experience.
- Executive Parking: For passengers that want the utmost in comfort and convenience, leave your car here. All parking bays are moments away from the check-in counters and airline lounges.
Arriving in Bali
Getting from Ngurah Rai International Airport (DPS) to Your Hotel
The easiest way to get from DPS to your hotel is with a cab. You'll find the taxi counter located outside of the arrivals hall. All you need to do is tell the attendant your destination, pay the fare, and you'll be directed to your driver. A one-way trip costs IDR 135,000 for Canggu; IDR 195,000 for Ubud and IDR 60,00 for Seminyak.
For budget travellers, book a stay with a hotel that offers a free shuttle service. It's the easiest way to get to your accommodation without any hassles, especially if you are arriving on a red-eye flight.
If you aren't in a rush to get to your hotel, you can take the local bus. Sarbagita is a local company that runs regular services to Denpasar, Badung, Gianyar and Tabanan. The buses stop at the international arrival terminal on the ground floor. A one-way fare costs IDR 75,000 per person, and the bus runs from 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Another option is an Ojek (motorbike taxi). However, this is only an option if you aren't travelling with much luggage.
Prefer to have your own set of wheels? You'll find car rental desks in the international arrivals area.
Things to do in Bali
- Get your Instagram fix at Bali Swings. Located in the trendy city of Ubud, this is one of the island's most popular attractions. You'll get access to five different scenic swings, a birds nest, complimentary drinks and a light lunch.
- Summit Mt Batur at sunrise. For the adventurous, this is an outdoor activity that's not to be missed. You will have to wake up at 2:00 a.m. to begin your ascent, but the views of active volcano Mt Agung in the background are worth it.
- Spend a day waterfall hopping. The island of Bali is blessed with countless scenic waterfalls. Hire a driver or rent a scooter and see how many you can tick off in a day.
- Go to the Pasar Badung Market. It’s the largest of its kind in Denpasar and is fill of fresh produce, variety of clothes, accessories and homeware. It’s the perfect stop for travellers looking to stock up on souvenirs to take back home.
- Visit Pura Jagatnatha Temple. It’s the largest temple in Denpasar and one of the most beautiful in Bali. Scenes from various Hindu stories have been carved into its walls which are made from white coral.
- Another temple not to be missed is Tanah Lot. It’s one of Indonesia’s most iconic attractions located near Bali’s capital city of Denpasar. It’s an ancient Hindu pilgrimage site and boasts an unforgettable scenic backdrop.
Ngurah Rai, Denpasar International Airport [DPS]
Denpasar international airport is located 13 km from the city of Denpasar. For detailed information on Denpasar airport, Bali, domestic and international terminals, Denpasar hotel accommodation and transport, visit Webjet's online airport travel guide to Denpasar International Airport.