Compare Cheap Flights from Adelaide to Armidale, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Armidale from Adelaide? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Armidale
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Armidale
Current Time in Armidale
Average Temperature in Armidale
Average Rainfall in Armidale
See more of Armidale
A Guide to Armidale
Know Before You Go
- Explore Armidale's nightlife. Due to its student population, there are 10 different pubs to choose from. Pub crawls are a common thing and the nightlife is lively especially on the weekends.
- Go on a road trip. Armidale is located at the start of Waterfall Way. The scenic route goes past three national parks, including UNESCO World Heritage Areas such as the Gondwana Rainforest of Australia.
- Get online. If you need to get online and don't want to buy an expensive data bundle, go to your nearest McDonalds.
- Eating out is cheap. With the vast majority of the population in Armidale students, you'll find lots of restaurants and eateries catering to their smaller budgets.
- Accommodation is affordable. There are various inexpensive motels in Armidale as well as caravan parks in the Armidale Tourist Park. Camping inside here is cheap and will suit nature lovers who are trying to make their money stretch as far possible.
Getting Around Armidale
- Hit the pavements. Armidale is small enough to be explored on foot. However, some of the attractions like the art museum are on the outskirts of town and a bit far to walk.
- Take the bus. There is a regular bus service that runs between the city centre and the university.
- Hire a bicycle. If you want to explore the city at your own pace, rent a bicycle from the shops in town. Armidale has a few bicycle lanes and the roads are usually quiet.
- Grab a taxi. If you need to get to the airport or round town faster, you can call ahead and arrange a cab to pick you up.
- Rent a car. You can pick up a vehicle at the airport or from one of the shops in town.
When is The Best Time to Visit Armidale?
The best time of year to visit Armidale is in autumn. From March to May, the landscape changes colour, the thunderstorm season is over and days are still warm. The nights do get cold, so remember to pack a few warm layers until the fog has lifted by the late morning.
Another great time to visit Armidale is during spring (September to November). Thunderstorm season starts to begin by late October, but you'll be rewarded by the landscape slowly coming to life again after a cold winter. Temperatures can still get chilly, but you'll find better prices on airfare and lower hotel rates.
Summers in Armidale are warm days and cool nights. Temperatures do reach 30C, but the city doesn't experience high humidity levels like other parts of Australia. Thunderstorms are common from December to February, so make sure to pack a raincoat or umbrella.
The least popular time to visit Armidale is in winter (June to August). The temperatures often drop to below -5C and a thick white frost covers the ground. However, if you're on a tight budget, you'll find hotel prices at their cheapest and the city will be yours to explore.
Airports in Armidale
Armidale Airport is located in the Australian state of New South Wales. It operates domestic flights to Brisbane and Sydney with regional airlines Fly Corporate, Eastern Australia Airlines and Regional Express.
Getting To and From Armidale Airport
There is no public transport that serves the airport.
The best way to get to and from your accommodation is with a taxi. You'll find the drivers waiting outside the arrivals terminal. A one-way trip into the city costs AUD 15 and has a total journey time of 10-minutes.
If you prefer having your own car, you can hire one from the rental desks inside the arrivals terminal.