Compare Cheap Flights from Adelaide to Alice Springs, Australia
Looking for cheap flights to Alice Springs from Adelaide? Use Webjet's deal finder to help you compare flights, carriers and seating classes all year round. You'll be sure to find the right flight to match your budget, plans and travel preferences.
|Departure Date||Last Updated^|
Cheapest time to fly to Alice Springs
Best upcoming flight deals
Currency used in Alice Springs
Current Time in Alice Springs
Average Temperature in Alice Springs
Average Rainfall in Alice Springs
See more of Alice Springs
A Guide to Alice Springs
Know Before You Go
- Prepare your budget. A room in a 3-star hotel will cost around AUD 170 in Alice Springs. A private room in an Airbnb apartment will set you back AUD 70 per night, or you can rent an entire place out for AUD 130.
- Pack food to eat at Uluru. The cafe on-site is expensive, and you'll save money by buying some snacks from the local supermarket before you leave.
- Get online. The internet in Australia is expensive. If you need to get online go to your nearest McDonalds or library to use their free WiFi.
- Try to combine the tours you want to do. It will work out cheaper to book a combo rather than paying per individual excursion.
- Go camping. If you want to spend a few days exploring Uluru, you can expect to pay AUD 65 during high season and AUD 55 in the low season.
Getting Around Alice Springs
- Take the bus. Asbus is the local bus service that runs a regular service across the town Monday to Saturday.
- Go on the hop-on-hop-off bus tour. If you don't have a lot of time in Alice Springs, you can take this bus and see the city's main attractions in one day. The route goes past the Old Ghan Museum, and the service also transfers visitors to the start of Larapinta Trail.
- Grab a taxi. If you want a hassle-free way of getting around town, you can take a cab. Call ahead to request your ride or go to one of the taxi stands.
- Hire a hike. There are quite a few trails that run through and around the city. Most hotels and hostels rent them out for AUD 30 a day.
- Rent a car. If you want to get off the beaten track and explore areas beyond the CBD, you'll need to hire a car. Rental services are available at the airport and in town.
When is The Best Time to Visit Alice Springs?
The busiest time in Alice Springs is during the cooler months. From April to August, the temperatures become more bearable attracting local and international visitors. Flights, accommodation and tours will be more expensive, so make sure you book well in advance to lock in lower prices.
Winter and autumn are also the best time to visit for camping and hiking the Larapinta Trail. You'll be able to do a lot of sightseeing without the threat of rain, and the lower humidity will make it easier to stay outdoors for longer.
August to September have the lowest number of cloudy days, making it an ideal time to visit if you want that classic sunset picture of Ayers Rock.
If you don't mind the heat and want to save money, plan your trip during the summer and spring months. Temperatures reach highs of 35°C, but there are regular thunderstorms which help to cool the day down. With the heat keeping most travellers away, you'll be able to find better deals on flights, accommodation and tours.
Airports in Alice Springs
Alice Springs Airport
Alice Springs Ais the 18th busiest airport in Australia. It's located 13 km from the city centre and mainly operates scheduled domestic routes and the occasional charter flight. Virgin Australia, Qantas, Alliance Airlines and Airnorth serve flights to Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth and other popular Australian destinations.
Getting To and From Alice Springs Airport
There are no public transport services that run to and from the airport.
The best way to get to your hotel would be to take the Alice Springs Airport shuttle bus service. It picks up and drops off passengers at select hotels and hostels in the city. A one-way trip costs AUD 16.50, or you can get a return for AUD 30.
If you're short on time, you can take a taxi from the airport. The taxi stand is located outside the arrival terminal.
Car hire is also available at the airport. You can pre-book your vehicle or select your car once you arrive.