This Summer, Visit Melbourne's National Gallery of Victoria (NGV)
Andy Warhol & Ai Weiwei in Melbourne
11 December 2015 - 24 April 2016 | National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne.
This Summer, Melbourne's National Gallery of Victoria (NGV), in association with the Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh, will present the exhibition, Andy Warhol | Ai Weiwei. Exhibited art works include their respective masterpieces, rarely seen works, and new works created especially for the exhibition by Ai Weiwei. This will be the first time an exhibition brings these artists together in such a comprehensive manner, providing new insights into these most celebrated artists.
The exhibition will be a globally ground-breaking examination of modern and contemporary international art and will emerge as a landmark in the evolution of the NGV’s contemporary art program. Andy Warhol | Ai Weiwei will be the largest ever ticketed exhibition undertaken by the NGV, occupying the entire ground floor of NGV International.
This exhibition is organised by the National Gallery of Victoria and The Andy Warhol Museum (one of the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh).
Things to Do in Melbourne
The big-ticket items to see include the architecture of Federation Square, the stained glass ceiling at the National Gallery of Victoria, and the labyrinth of lanes and arcades, home to local designers and quirky bars. And sports fans will want to tour the hallowed grounds of the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). But add the following to the list:
- Grab an espresso at Pellegrini’s on Bourke Street.
- Run or walk the Tan Track around the Botanical Gardens.
- Take a tram to St Kilda and treat yourself at the Eastern European cake shops in Acland Street.
- Stop by the street art gallery of Hosier Lane.
- Walk the Gertrude Street strip for boho style, galleries, great eats and single origin coffee.
- Stroll through the Birrarung Marr precinct along the Yarra River from Federation Square.
- Visit the Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI) at Federation Square.
- Watch a movie and have a craft beer on the rooftop of Curtin House.
- Catch a blockbuster show then indulge in post theatre supper at the Supper Club on Spring Street.
Search and compare flights to Melbourne today with Webjet.
Tours to consider when in Melbourne...
- Yarra Valley wine tour
- Great Ocean Road Day Trip Adventure from Melbourne
- Colonial tram car restaurant tour of Melbourne
- Phillip Island penguin tour
- Melbourne sunrise balloon ride
Flights: Webjet Servicing Fee: Domestic $10.95, AU/Pacific $18.95, International $33.95. Booking Price Guarantee: Domestic $8.95, AU/Pacific $10.95, International $17.95